My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

What's the best place for maternity clothes?

34 replies

Rxchel97 · 02/02/2021 04:03

I'm currently 17 weeks and I'm starting to find my normal clothes really uncomfortable and tight. My bump is starting to show now and I was wondering where do you guys get your maternity clothes from? I'd love some recommendations 😁😁

OP posts:
xxxIntergalacticxxx · 02/02/2021 12:14

When I was about 12 weeks pregnant my mum took me on a special trip to Jojo Maman Bebe to get 2 pairs of leggings and stretchy denim dungarees. Very good quality but expensive. I’ve been wearing these 3 items in almost constant rotation and they’ve held up well now I’m 23 weeks. Everything else I’ve got from friends who recently gave birth, there’s a lot of couriering of boxes of baby stuff going on as they all moved to different parts of the country. Also getting a lot of baby grows and stuff like baby baths, going to save quite a bit! When I’m done with it I’m giving it back to them or to someone else who is pregnant.

MsHedgehog · 02/02/2021 12:52

For casual home clothes, New Look.

For nicer clothes, Seraphine or Jojo Maman Bebe.

Difficultusername · 02/02/2021 12:59

Also- non maternity jersey dungarees from eBay have been amazing. Am currently 34 weeks and live in mine.

Margo34 · 02/02/2021 15:11

Ebay!!

Or my husbands wardrobe 😂

rvms · 02/02/2021 18:18

ASOS for nice tops and dresses- also they do a mix of brands like mamalicious and New Look, and are easy to return if not suitable - sizing can be hit and miss. Frugi is very comfortable, fun, good quality and most of their clothes are designed for bf too. Very expensive though so recommend you search the sales online and for second hand items on eBay and Facebook marketplace. Jo Jo Maman Bebe is similarly designed if not as colourful. I would hunt these clothes down on eBay as you get them much cheaper there. I was pleasantly surprised that ASDA online had some very comfortable trousers and ok dresses which were reduced. In my first pregnancy 7 years ago I got wonderful quality stuff from Topshop and Debenhams - not sure that’s a possibility now though! H&M for reasonably priced basics like pants and vests but otherwise I think the main clothes are really drab and overpriced. I like maternity clothes which are comfortable and stylish. I hate how so many maternity ranges are boring and make you look like a frumpy mummy to be.

Grognonne · 02/02/2021 22:50

H&M soft thick leggings are amazing. Luckily I got two pairs and just wear on repeat. I’m wfh so don’t need anything smart and just wear a jumper with them. Loose tops I already had are fine. I never wore leggings before pregnancy, only dresses, but I never want to take these off! They’re so warm, I’ll definitely wear them afterwards until they disintegrate!

boymum1x · 02/02/2021 23:16

For dresses and tops pjs etc If you just want cheap and cheerful boohoo does maternity range
I wouldn't get my leggings from there very see through
but the sizes are good the material isn't the best but you get what you pay for
Also pretty little thing
& misguided online do a maternity range misguided is probably the best quality all depends on your price range & taste xxx

luxxlisbon · 03/02/2021 08:13

The answer to this will depend on what you liked to wear before and what sort of style you usually go for and feel good in.

I mainly stick to reliable old asos. Lots of choice, quick delivery and easy to return which is even more important during pregnancy. I like pregnancy clothes that feel like "normal" clothes and don't look frumpy or dated. I've picked up a few bits from new look via asos which I've been happy with.

Marshy86 · 03/02/2021 08:36

I recommend jojo maman bebe, their maternity PJs are so comfy and they do some beautiful dresses in their bump and beyond range. There is a pre loves maternity group on Facebook that's worth following also

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.