Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Maternity legging recommendations

Luckyelephant1 · 25/01/2021 21:16

So I'm 16 weeks and been living in gym leggings anyway, but it's now getting to the point where they either fall down, or my very sturdy high waist Gymshark ones that suck everything in are feeling too restrictive. So I need to buy a couple of pairs of maternity leggings. Looking for recommendations as I don't want to order lots of leggings and go through the hassle of returning etc!

I want black, non see through, seamless and quite structured/sturdy leggings, so not the shitty thin ones you get for a fiver from most shops that are more like tights. Also must be over bump. Stretchy but flattering and not jeggings.

Any recommendations? So far I'm considering:

Jojo Maman Bebe
Asos Maternity
Love Leggings

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please
or

Luckyelephant1 · 26/01/2021 15:17

@FoodandFelines oh damn I just ordered a couple of Love Leggings before reading your post, that's good to know though thanks! I guess I'll just have to see how they fit and feel. Definitely agree leggings are such a personal thing!

OP's posts:
Please
or

LyraShaeLilly · 26/01/2021 15:32

Think I'm going to go for M and S ones after that review of love leggings as it's not thick winter ones I am after!! Just gonna size up which will hopefully stop them being see through.

Please
or

FoodandFelines · 26/01/2021 15:37

@Luckyelephant1 You may find you love them. Smile They are indeed very comfy and soft as others have said. Its just that I was looking for something a little more "structured"/supportive.

Please
or

LittleTiger007 · 26/01/2021 17:13

I have spent the past couple of months living in my Love leggings. Warm and comfy ... so that’s another vote for them from me.

Please
or

Windchangeface · 26/01/2021 17:17

I’m 20 weeks and have 4 pairs of jojo mama cotton rich leggings which I live in. They are fab!

Please
or

swiftt · 26/01/2021 17:36

My love leggings ones constantly slip down, and are really short in the leg! I’ve been living in New Look high waisted, non maternity leggings as they’re nice and thick and feel supportive!

Please
or

Luckyelephant1 · 28/01/2021 13:42

So my Love Leggings order arrived. I know nobody asked but since I started the thread I may as well give my review now 😂

OK so they are definitely thick and feel warm, they aren't see through. Decent enough material. I got petite as I am 5'3 and the length is good for me, they stop just above my ankle bone which I like when I wear trainers, but can still wear boots and longer socks with them too.

However (and I fully appreciate I'm probably not quite pregnant enough to fully review them at 16 weeks) the crotch is really low and I think even with a bigger bump this will be an issue, I feel like I will constantly be hoisting them up. The longer bit that sits on your bump is comfy but the top waistband is thin which I don't really like, I prefer thick waistbands that don't dig in. The thin waistband already digs in even though there's plenty of space and the rest of the leggings are loose. I have quite slim legs and these are a bit saggy in certain areas around my legs. These are not really structured enough for me and I'm probably going to return them and try somewhere else!

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.