Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Early scan measures don’t fit my dates

QwertyBert · 04/09/2020 11:20

Hey all

I went for a second early pregnancy scan following pain and bleeding. Thankfully the pain and bleeding stopped over a week ago and all seems well.

My only concern is that the sonographer said I was measuring around 5 weeks, whereas my dates suggest I’m about 7 weeks from last period. She wasn’t concerned but I’m worried the baby isn’t developing properly.

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thank you in advance.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Allgirlmum · 04/09/2020 12:18

This happened to me and mine was a loss not saying yours is could you have maybe ovulated later ?

What did your first scan show date wise ?

Please
or

Poppy10121 · 05/09/2020 14:29

How certain are you about the dates? Do you know the date you ovulated on or are you just guessing based on average? That might be why they’re not worried.

Please
or

Addler · 05/09/2020 14:36

I had this, baby was measuring 5-6 weeks and I was 7+4 by dates. By my 12 week scan baby had caught up and now it's measuring slightly ahead at 28 weeks. I had also had a loss at 9 weeks so was worried up until my 12 week scan and went for an early private scan at 10 weeks. I hope it's the same result for you, sometimes it's just that the baby is so small it's tenths of mm that make a difference

Please
or

Oneandabean · 05/09/2020 17:23

You generally ovulate around 2 weeks after your last period, obviously varies from person to person. So if your last period was 7 weeks ago the. 5 weeks pregnant is about right.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.