My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Pregnancy

Out n About Nipper reviews

11 replies

Norfolkmumtobe · 09/06/2019 16:28

We are looking at getting an Out n About Nipper Single 360 V4 Stroller Complete Travel System, and wondered what everyone's experiences have been?
We have 2 dogs so Gondor walks all the time, live in the country and also spend a lot of the at the beach as well!! If anyone has had one and doesn't mind saying how they found it, that would be a huge help. Thank you

OP posts:
SuperSange · 09/06/2019 16:36

We had one and it was fab for walking on farm tracks and footpaths. All of the Childminder's round here have them too, so they must be good! I loved mine.

Norfolkmumtobe · 09/06/2019 18:50

SuperSange thank you that is just what we need it for!

OP posts:
DoraleeRhodes · 09/06/2019 18:54

Fantastic things! I got mine third hand on eBay, use it for running and it’s still in great condition.

Shylo · 09/06/2019 18:57

I had one years ago and still have fond memories .... loved loved loved it

Dancingandthedreaming · 09/06/2019 19:22

I've had the double and now have the single, and it is absolutely the best buggy. We live in the middle of nowhere, have dogs and visit the beach lots. It is a dream to push, has insane amount of storage (especially if you get the extra basket underneath) and turns on a sixpence. We can fit in in the boot of a people carrier with the rear seats up. I'm on baby no4 now and have tried all sorts. It's the most practical I've ever had. They are often available 2nd hand, and you save loads as they come with rain cover/cosytoes/extra basket etc which all costs more if bought new.

annlee3817 · 09/06/2019 20:13

Amazing! Wish we'd had ours from birth, didn't get it until she was 18 months, best buggy by far. Love that when they fall asleep their legs are supported.

annlee3817 · 09/06/2019 20:14

Ours has been to the White cliffs of Dover, abroad twice, on long hilly walks, just great

SoftSheen · 09/06/2019 20:29

I had the Out n About Nipper pushchair and it was great. You can easily control it with one hand. We put chunky 'off-road' tyres and anti-puncture tyre liners (from Amazon) onto ours which made it good for walking over rough ground.

Only negatives are that (1) the brake on ours broke and others seem to have had this problem too, and (2) the tyres which come with buggy (though probably fine for use on pavement) tend to puncture if you regularly use the buggy off-road.

xyzandabc · 09/06/2019 20:40

I had both the double and single nippers and loved them both. I had them from about 11 years ago and got rid of the last one about 3 years ago. Mine were both second had so the older version, I think the new one is a but more jazzy.

So light to push even the double fully loaded with 2 X 4 yr olds. With both single and double, you can sit (unofficially) a tired legged small child on the front footplate in emergencies. Once we managed 5 kids aged 1-6 in the double. 2 in each seat and 1 on the footplate!

Seats are big enough for tall children. Loads of storage both underneath and in the hood side pockets. Did I mention easy to push?

Tackles all terrains well. On soft sand, tip it up on to its back wheels and pull it backwards rather than push it. Also hose down the metal bits in the chassis if it goes in the sea or they will rust. In woods with lots of tree roots, lift the handle bar like a wheelbarrow and push it just on its front wheel.

Easy to was the seat pads. For a newborn, the Phil and Ted's cocoon fits perfectly. Though they may do their own version now, and I think you can even get a carrycot for them now, they didn't do them 10 years ago. Very light to push even one handed

The only doorway I couldn't get the double through ever was in a grade 2 listed building, it fits through all standard doorways

For all the reasons above and what everyone else says, I would highly recommend.

mondaysaturday · 09/06/2019 20:48

I have the out n about nipper single. It's glorious, really smooth, easy steering, great suspension, and it has a lockable front wheel. I use it as a running buggy - it handles off road / trail running really well. We bought it when DD was nine months old and it's been fantastic so far.

The wheels pop off really easily so although it's quite chunky you can actually get it in the boot of some fairly small cars.

It's basically a total dream of a buggy.

Norfolkmumtobe · 10/06/2019 13:50

Thank you all for your reviews. I wondered if anyone would be able to measure from the floor to the handle at its highest point? X

OP posts:
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.