My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Is your child ready for potty training at nursery? Here's the place for all your toilet training questions.

Potty training

Portable potty

6 replies

Kitkatmonster · 03/02/2019 18:08

DD 2.4 has chosen today to stop wearing nappies. No accidents at all, but in less than 2 weeks we go to Eurodisney and I’m concerned about queuing and needing an urgent wee. So I started looking at portable potties/potettes etc. but I’m a bit clueless about what’s best to get and drag around the park with us. Anyone recommend one?

OP posts:
Rainatnight · 03/02/2019 18:12

We have a Potette Plus and I love it. DD calls it her 'out and about potty' Grin

It folds up for storage, and also right out to act as a little toilet seat so they can sit comfortably on the loo. We're in the throes of potty training and we've used it in a dance studio (loo seat), clothes shop (loo seat) and a park (potty) this weekend. Absolutely invaluable.

It comes with plastic bag inserts, which you have to buy more of, but you can just as easily use a plastic shopping bag with a wad of kitchen roll in it. (You prob need to look at it online for that to make sense!)

BeautifulPossibilities · 03/02/2019 18:13

As above! Lifesaver.

HappyAndYouKnowItGlugTheWine · 03/02/2019 20:05

We've got the my carry potty. It's like a tiny hard suitcase which unfolds as a potty. Can use with a potty liner or without as it folds and creates a vacuum to hold any solids and liquids and lock them away till you can dispose of it! Ours is the ladybird one and Ds loves it

studentvera · 03/02/2019 20:07

Carry potty
Brilliant

Kitkatmonster · 04/02/2019 17:00

Thanks I’ve managed to pick up a second hand potette with liners locally for £5, so hopefully that will see us through Eurodisney!

OP posts:
Rainatnight · 04/02/2019 17:03

Good luck!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.