Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

8 week jabs

3 replies

Berangere · 23/09/2022 19:06

Hi everyone, my little boy will be 9 weeks on Sunday, and had his first lot of jabs at 9.30am. He screamed the bloody house down whilst having them done, eventually settled for a nap in his pram which lasted 4.5 hours. He woke for a short feed and then a screamy nappy change, then back down for another 3 hours. Then he woke up screaming, eventually calmed him but he will NOT be put down - he screams blue murder every time I move him from my chest.
I gave him calpol just after the jabs, and then when he woke up the first time, he will be due another dose soon.
He’s done 3 runny poos which I’ve been told can be caused by the rotavirus drops.
Do I need to be worried about his crying as it’s not constant, only when I put him down. My normally happy smily baby is just so unhappy. I think I’m in for a rough night of holding him… :(

OP posts:
Please
or

ChildWontStopGrowing · 23/09/2022 19:47

Normal! 👶

Please
or

bombombo · 23/09/2022 19:37

The 8w ones were the worst of the 3 sets of early jabs for us! DS was the same, tired and wanted held all the time. Hopefully your little one will be feeling more himself tomorrow Flowers

Please
or

Rella357 · 23/09/2022 19:18

My LO was the same, we had 24 hrs of constant carrying but then he was fine

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?