Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Will the broodiness for a third child go away?

puppylovey · 05/08/2022 07:46

I have 2 DC, 5 and 1. DH and I have agreed that we will stick at 2. My head is full of all the reasons why this is the best idea. I don't deal well with lack of sleep and I also need a lot of quiet time and I'm pretty sensitive and get overwhelmed, so that's hard enough as it is with 2 children.
I want to have good quality time with them, and am already feeling the guilt for my 5 year old during the summer holidays that I can't just take him here there and everywhere as obviously not everything is suitable for the 1 year old.
But I just have this weird overwhelming broodiness. Will it go away???

OP's posts:
Please
or

Havanawinter · 05/08/2022 12:49

I feel the same. I have an almost 5 year old and a 1 year old. Ever since my youngest was born I’ve been overwhelmed with broodiness for a third. My DH doesn’t want another which I respect and don’t try to change his mind over. But I can’t shake the feeling. I’m like you in a lot of ways; I really value my own time and become overwhelmed by all the noise and mess that comes with two young children. I still can’t shake the feeling that our family isnt complete and someone is missing. I have two boys and everyone assumes it’s because I want a girl, but it’s not that. I don’t know what “it” is. I don’t have an answer for you but if it provides you with any comfort, you’re not alone.

Please
or

MyNameIsMarya · 05/08/2022 09:05

Just give it some time, maybe it's temporary. If the feeling stays, talk to your DH about it.

Please
or

Hazelthecat · 05/08/2022 07:51

I'm the same. I find my lovely dc so exhausting but I'm still really broody.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?