Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Son only wants dad

RosieSmith2975 · 13/05/2022 21:03

So I’m currently pregnant, have a 1 year old and a 4 year old. My 4 year old never wants me and this is recent. When I pick him up from nursery he says he didn’t want me he wants daddy the same goes with playing, leaving the house, why can’t daddy stay home and you go to work etc
He also asks me things he knows I’ll say no to like iPad before breakfast or sweets for breakfast and then tantrums about it. He doesn’t do this for dad (we as together and live together). Today at bedtime he didn’t want me to lie with him after stores for the first time ever and I so nearly cried in front of him but obviously didn’t and just said of course daddy will lie with you then I got his dad but it was so difficult it’s been 4 years of me cuddling him to sleep pretty much.

Being pregnant I am so hormonal and am not taking and of it to heart because I’m sure it’s just kid stuff but it’s making me worry I don’t have enough time for him between being pregnant, looking after a 1 year and the mountain of work I have to do (both housework and uni). I am trying to make sure I have a day just me and him and my 1 year old goes to his aunties/grandparents.

It’s not that I’m feeling like insecure or jealous I just miss him? (I think that’s it)

So basically I’m wondering if anyone else is going through the same and over thinking it?

OP's posts:
Please
or
to access all these features
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.