My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

For free parenting resources please check out the Early Years Alliance's Family Corner.

Parenting

Pikler/climbing triangles - worth the money?

19 replies

Ihaveoflate · 24/09/2020 09:32

I've made a little bit of money from selling some of my toddler's baby things/clothes and I was thinking of buying her a Pikler triangle. She is a climber and has just learned to walk so she wants to be on the go all the time at the moment. The thing is, they're so expensive and I can't find any second hand near me!

Has anyone bought one and got lots of use out of it? She's 14 months now, so would it have enough longevity to make it worth the investment?

Thanks

OP posts:
Areallthegoodnamesgone · 24/09/2020 15:32

I got one for my son when he was about that age and it’s only now at 20 months that he’s getting real use out of it.

I must say it did scare the life out of me when he was learning how to use it as the bars are relatively far apart and I had visions of him losing his footing and hitting his face but so far so good.

For us it was a worthwhile investment, it gets a lot of use and I’ll sell it on when he’s older. They do take up a good amount of space though and font fold up as easily as I thought it might.

Ihaveoflate · 24/09/2020 18:47

@Areallthegoodnamesgone

Thanks so much for responding - that's really helpful. We're probably going to wait and get it for Christmas (well, Hanuka!) as it sounds like she'll be a better age then. Ta!

OP posts:
modgepodge · 25/09/2020 12:20

We’ve got one for our 18m old. She was initially very interested but I think found it tricky so lost interest. Hoping she might get more use out of it in the next few months, particularly as it gets colder and we can’t go to parks as much.

Xiaohei · 25/09/2020 12:35

We use multi way ladders for rainy day indoor climbing! Best Buy ever! You can configure them into diff shapes. Mine love dangling upside down, climbing over and under and great for den building.
www.screwfix.com/p/mac-allister-4-section-aluminium-folding-ladder-with-platform-3-17m/3263X?tc=JT7&ds_kid=92700052138708325&ds_rl=1243324&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIkru735qE7AIVT83tCh2yjQSxEAQYASABEgJRSfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Woodmancote · 26/10/2020 07:51

Do you think my nearly three year old is to old for one of these now?

Emmare12 · 10/01/2021 08:02

This reply has been deleted

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Thatwentbadly · 10/01/2021 08:11

I got one for my 18 month old this Christmas both her and her 4 year old sister love it.

Aleyy · 04/04/2021 17:51

Aleyy · 04/04/2021 17:54

Aleyy · 04/04/2021 18:00

Kathreen · 05/04/2021 12:27

It is definitely worth it, I was very confused before buying it because it is a very expensive item and affording it was difficult for me so I start reading about it online and because of the website mentioned below. I decided to buy it and now I am very satisfied as It is made of high-quality wood and very long-lasting. First, it was used by my 4 years old now my 2-year-old baby boy is also using it and still, it is in very good condition.
Read Here: piklertriangle.info/

Merename · 05/04/2021 12:35

Intrigued how there can be so many deletions in a thread like this! Strong opinions on pikler triangles?! I only heard of them now my youngest is 2.5 and probably wouldn’t be worth it for us now but I’m a big fan of letting kids climb. I think many parents are so afraid of falls that they don’t let kids develop natural skills. People think my kids are amazing climbers and comment on how confident the wee one is on stairs and climbing frames etc, but I don’t think they are exceptional, they’ve just been allowed to practice without loads of messages that it’s scary or dangerous.

Isabella709 · 08/04/2021 09:15

If she is a climber then I would definitely recommend a pikler climbing triangle for her. As pikler triangle is made for active toddlers and babies. Mine was also very active when she was 2 years old and I bought a pikler triangle for her that helped her alot in developing his gross motor skills like climbing and grasping. Read reviews of different pikler triangles at pikler triangle reviews.

Thatwentbadly · 08/04/2021 10:49

@Woodmancote

Do you think my nearly three year old is to old for one of these now?

My tall nearly 5 year old enjoys playing on the one I bought for her younger sister.
Liverbird77 · 08/04/2021 15:36

My boy loves it. He's 2.3. Obviously you have to supervise them, but it's fab.

ChilliHeeler · 08/04/2021 15:42

I don’t get them to be honest. Mine would have been able to climb it easily pretty quickly and have plenty of other things for den building etc. Massive unwieldy looking things. The emperors new clothes of toys.

JustWonderingIfYou · 08/04/2021 17:03

Got a pikler and a rocker for my 1 year old. He loves them both but I'd recommend the rocker over the pikler. It can be used both ways up so for climbing or rocking.

Liverbird77 · 09/04/2021 09:06

@ChilliHeeler we've also got the slide and the climbing ramp. Both attach. My boy loves it! It is honestly a lot of fun!

Sansaplans · 09/04/2021 09:08

I prefer the rainbow bug as it can be used for climbing, but also for imaginative play so more of an all rounder in my opinion. The pikler triangle depends on child really, some of my friends have them and some love it and get a lot of play out of it, and others aren't interested. Resale value is quite high though.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.