Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Work wants to change our hours....

user1475938889 · 26/05/2018 21:58

My colleagues and I have been told our working hours will likely change. We will move from set hours/days to a shift pattern. My DH and I currently have set days for childcare and set hours. The new arrangement would require working until late in the evening rather than finishing at 4.30/5 Just wondered if anyone had any thoughts.... We do not have anyone else to rely upon for childcare, nursery only and my DH works also.

OP's posts:
Please
or

jannier · 27/05/2018 12:28

As a childminder I have families on shifts they need 3 days some weeks 4 others so pay for 4 days I loose a days pay they sometimes loose a day.
I have another who I can fit In with another child as they are flexible on days so just pay for what is needed that week.

Please
or

user1475938889 · 26/05/2018 22:04

Thank u. That's a good idea if we have set days but any thoughts if I have to work varied days as nursery only offer set days ( I work part time) I care for DS two days/week.

OP's posts:
Please
or

NapQueen · 26/05/2018 22:01

Could you arrange childcare according to dh hours and then if your shifts overlap with his there is already childcare booked. On his days/evenings off he has the dc while you work.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.