Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Add to child’s surname - deed poll

Sparklediamond74 · 08/10/2018 10:46

I wish to add to my daughters surname, her father has been absent for 9 years when he walked out when she was 2 years old. I don’t know where he is but he does pay £20 into a bank account. He does have parent responsibility as we were married. No birthday/Xmas cards or contact & the amount he puts into an account does not change even on birthdays or Xmas.
I want to add my maiden name on the end of her surname. So when she goes to secondary school, she will have 2 surnames & when 16 then she can decide to change it officially.
But her primary school has said they can only do this by deed poll (can not afford to go to court, or get a specific issue order) but how can I change her name by deed poll so school records have both names.
Has anyone tried the name change by deed poll (not via court) lots of companies on internet but not sure who is real (just want her to be known as, then at 16 years she can change it herself, then I can officially go back to my maiden name, only when she can have same name) not worried about passport as I only want to add and not remove her current surname. help!!! Thank you

OP's posts:
Please
or

dementedpixie · 08/10/2018 11:59

Does deed poll not need all those with parental responsibility to agree to the name change too?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.