Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Research on school provision for 3 yr olds

LarkHallAcademy · 15/09/2014 18:43

Can you help with our school research? Once your child is entitled to 15 hours free provision (aged 3yrs) would you prefer. A) 3 full days taught by a teacher. B) 5 mornings taught by a teacher. Or C) continue with current provision (not at school) until they start Reception class. Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

GoingToBedfordshire · 15/09/2014 18:50

My children are in a school nursery, but following the same early years curriculum as other pre school settings. I didn't think there was any difference, all children are learning through play regardless of the setting. Sorry if I have misunderstood your question.

Please
or

GoingToBedfordshire · 15/09/2014 18:48

Depends on the child. 2 of mine were better with half days but my third has just started and I am sure she would thrive on 3 full days, but we don't have the choice.

Ultimately, what I would like is an ongoing dialogue with the school and to tailor the provision to each child as much as possible. A big ask, I know!

Please
or

morethanpotatoprints · 15/09/2014 18:47

I don't think there should be school provision for 3 year olds, I don't believe they should be taught anything.
This is why we didn't take the 15 hours, they should be playing and learning from this.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?