Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

This topic is for feedback on Mumsnet product tests. If you're a company / brand and would like to run a product test on Mumsnet please email [email protected]

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Nanit’s Pro Smart baby monitor

LucyBMumsnet · 24/02/2022 09:27

Created for Nanit

This is the feedback thread for the Mumsnet users who have been testing Nanit’s Pro Smart baby monitor with their child aged 0 to 12 months.

Testers, you can now share your feedback! Please do so by responding to the questions below on this thread, as well as filling in the survey that we have emailed to you.

1. What was your favourite feature of the Nanit Pro Smart baby monitor?

2. Did you test the monitor with the wall mount or floor stand? Was this easy to set up?
3. Will you continue to use the Nanit Pro Smart baby monitor? Why?
4. Are there any other features you would like to see the Nanit Pro Smart Baby monitor offer?

All testers who give their feedback via the thread and survey will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 voucher (from a list).

Here’s what Nanit has to say: “Rest easy, your crib is covered. The new 1080p Nanit Pro Smart Baby Monitor gives you a crystal clear overhead view of your baby, day or night. Sleep tracking and personalised tips help you get more sleep for the whole family, and a built-in digital baby book captures your baby's greatest hits along the way.”

Thanks and good luck!
MNHQ

Mumsnet Insight T&Cs apply
Find out what Mumsnet testers thought of Nanit’s Pro Smart baby monitor
OP's posts:
Please
or

121gigawatts · 03/03/2022 12:31

The picture quality was great, the app was easy to use, I loved being able to look at the recap of my babies sleep and see awake times and how long she would take to settle etc as we are going through some issues with poor sleep at the moment.

2. Did you test the monitor with the wall mount or floor stand? Was this easy to set up?

Floor stand and I loved the fact this is offered as other baby monitor has had to be fixed to wall which isn't ideal when it's not required anymore.

3. Will you continue to use the Nanit Pro Smart b
aby monitor? Why?
Yes, new baby on the way too so the breathing band will really come in handy as first baby wears a snuza nappy clip breathing monitor. I find I can relax and sleep much better knowing I'll be alerted. I also love that I can monitor my baby from afar if I am not home and my husband is looking after her.

4. Are there any other features you would like to see the Nanit Pro Smart Baby monitor offer?
All features are great but I would definitely purchase a separate physical monitor if they were available as I like to turn my mobile off in the evenings and don't have a tablet but I will look to getting one for this purpose. But yes, if Nanit made an actual separate monitor, I would definitely buy it.

Thank you so much for the opportunity to test this brilliant system. I always find it difficult to make purchases for baby and spend hours trawling through reviews etc, so this has been brilliant.
Please
or

planner10 · 03/03/2022 13:50

It's hard to choose! I love the clarity of the pictures, the nightlight feature, ease of use of the app, the night summary...the list goes on! I particularly love being able to review her night to see if it was as restful or peaceful as it felt at the time (currently with a teething baby!)

I tested it with the floor stand - very easy to set up and steady. The wires are a good length and far away from the baby from a safety point of view. It's also good if you're renting and want to avoid mounting anything to your wall!

Absolutely! I have used 2 other camera's - one phone based, and one with a separate monitor. The digital one was expensive but I stopped using it because of connectivity issues, and I also had mounting issues. The Nanit Pro is far superior and I have not had any connectivity issues (which I was worried about given my previous experience!). It ticks all the boxes I could want in a camera and more eg breathing monitor, night light, secure connection, reliable connectivity, excellent picture quality etc! It has replaced the other 2 I have. My only regret was not getting it sooner.

The ability to stream the feed on my phone as a smaller screen so I can also use my phone such as to check messages / emails
Please
or

TeaFiend25 · 03/03/2022 22:16

A massive thank you for allowing me to be a part of this trial. We’ve been reluctant to put baby into their own room but we’re beginning to think of it due to this device! We’re over the moon with it and it really puts us at ease after everything we’ve been through!

Our favourite feature has to be the app, I love being able to check on our baby and see that they’re safe and well in their cot, as well as receiving notifications for any noise/movement. The picture quality is so clear too!

We received the floor stand. This was so easy to put together! It only took a few mins to set up.

We definitely will. It gives me peace of mind and relieves some anxieties we have. It’s saved me many trips upstairs to check on little one whilst they’re napping. It’s also meant we put her into her bed at bedtime where as previously she slept down stairs. (She’s over 6 months!)

I think being able to mount/place the stand at different ends of the cot would be useful, we’ve had to place it somewhere that it often gets moved and we have to recalibrate it but we manage to work round it fine!
Please
or

Pandaboogiggly2 · 03/03/2022 23:44

Firstly I would like to say to Mumsnet & nanit how very grateful and thankful I am to have been chosen, I really do feel lucky.

Being able to see my little one on the app and it being crystal clear

2. Did you test the monitor with the wall mount or floor stand? Was this easy to set up? I tested the wall mount, it was really straight forward to set up, the video was really useful

Absolutely for as long as I need to, what a fantastic piece of kit, the most advanced and best quality I've seen available on the market.

I think they have covered a lot of advanced features and I honestly cant think of anything else they could add
Please
or

planner10 · 04/03/2022 11:12

I want to add - thanks so much for choosing me, I feel very fortunate to have been chosen. Now I know how great this camera is, I couldn't go back to using another!

Please
or

HangryDoughnut · 05/03/2022 20:38

The quality of the video on the camera is by far it's best feature.
We had the wall mount, I found the measuring and having to be a specific distance a bit of a faff but it was easy enough to do.
I don't think I will, whilst it has better video quality than other cameras I've used, I don't like that it's just on my phone and prefer glancing at a separate screen, I also found a lot of the features a bit gimmicky and not something I really pay attention to.
Perhaps the addition of a parent monitor option? I also would have liked to be able to select the size of the breathing band included with the monitor, it would create less waste for those who don't leave LO until 6 months.
Please
or

Powerpuffpoodle · 06/03/2022 21:33

This is a really smart bit of kit. The monitor is an app on your phone. It shows you the temperature, humidity and when the baby fell asleep all on the live view and the picture quality is really impressive. I can see my little ones chest go up and down and his little facial expressions which is just adorable. More than that, the highlights reel I get every morning is a mini movie of his nights sleep. As well as being really lovely to see what he gets up to, it’s also useful as I learn when he’s fussing and going back to sleep vs when he needs a feed or for me to tend to him. He’s still quite young so these sorts of insights are really helpful. It also tells me exactly when he’s woken up if he’s laying there calmly looking around. It’s been funny to find out that he sometimes wakes up for the day minutes before I know about it even though he’s still a small baby and in the same room as us!

I used the floor stand which I’m really happy with and I found easy to set up following the video guide. One of the features I really like about the stand is the tube that goes around the electricity lead on the floor to the plug. Not only does this stop inquisitive hands potentially pulling the wire around them / their neck, but also stops clumsy old me falling over the wire on the floor too.

Yes definitely! It is seriously feature rich but the bare bones of it are that the picture quality is so good. My nct friends have been eying it up and comparing it to their “standard” monitors, and well, it just doesn’t compare.

Aside from the picture quality, the inbuilt white noise, nightlight, activity alerts and video history are all really smart features that have saved me having to buy things separately and are really handy.

I was disappointed not to have the opportunity to try out the breathing monitor as I’ve been quite anxious about leaving my little boy in the bedroom for naps while I’m downstairs but unfortunately the breathing monitor for 0-3 months was too small. I think this would be a great feature. I may well buy one of the other breathing devices but I haven’t done this yet. I’ll also be getting the travel stand which will make the monitor super portable for packing up and taking away with us.

My husband and I went out for our first date night and I loved being able to see my little boy on my phone and also knowing that I’d set grandma up on the app for babysitting duties. It gave me great peace of mind being able to see he was sleeping soundly. However my husband would prefer to have a monitor so he can use his phone without feeling the need to have the app open all the time. You do get alerts for sound and movement but he would like a handset to be able to give a cursory glance to every now and then.

And as a last point, the app greats you “hey mom” which irrationally really grates on me! I find it a bit American and would love to be able to change it to call me by my chosen name such as mummy / mum / mama. A small gripe in the grand scheme of things in what is a really savvy and reassuring monitor.

Thank you mumsnet and nanit for including me and my little boy in the product test!
Please
or

Appzy · 06/03/2022 22:30

The video picture quality was amazing. It really did allow me to see all baby's movements and facial expressions in her sleep- I'd never seen some of them before! But I did particular like that I could link it to my Google home hub device so I had the piece of mind of seeing baby at all times rather than having to check my phone constantly.

I tested the wall mounted version and it was simple and straightforward to set up. I put it on the wall in the middle of the cot and it could be adjusted to the perfect angle.

I will definitely continue to use it. It gave me great piece of mind when I put baby upstairs while I was downstairs. The sound alert was great as I can't hear baby if we are on different floors. I didn't really need the sleep monitoring function yet as we are not sleep training yet, but I can see this being really useful to spot sleep patterns when we need it when she's older.

It's a great device and the features are amazing but I was surprised that it didn't come with a separate monitor, only the app. Not a problem for me as, as above, I connected to the Google hub, but I would expect it included for the price point.
Please
or

PoodleOodle · 06/03/2022 22:38

Thank you for allowing me to test this. I've waited to submit feedback so that I've had maximum time to use all the features.

The picture quality is fantastic and is the main positive for me. I also love that I can have the sound from the bedroom playing in the background on my phone whilst I'm on different apps. The gentle nightlight is handy too. The app is brilliant and very in depth - I still feel that a couple of weeks later there's bits I'm probably not using to the full potential!

I tried the floor stand. It was easy to set up, although a little bulky in a small nursery/bedroom.

Most definitely. It is a brilliant bit of tech and surpasses anything I've seen elsewhere. It's something that will adapt as little one gets older - with a newborn we are sleeping in the same room so the parts we benefit from will change when bub is in its own room.

We bought a Nanit swaddle to use with it however I don't rate it very much and won't be buying the next size up - it is tiny in length but the neck huge so little one wriggles his hand out constantly. It also doesn't wash well as velcro and washing machines aren't a great combo. We can't use the included breathing band as it is not safe over other brand swaddles.

I do wish that the insights were included at the top level - the basic level feels a little stingy when you've spent several hundred pounds on the equipment and potentially a lot more on the breathing wear in various sizes. The fact that you can't use all of the features without upgrading to a costly monthly fee after such an expensive outlay doesn't sit right with me and would actually put me off buying it. However, now I have the Nanit, I love the basic features and would recommend it, despite my annoyance at the upgrade costs.

It would be nice if you could choose a different breathing wear option as part of the package to suit your needs - PJ's, band or swaddle.

Overall, I think it is an amazing bit of kit and full of fantastic technology. If you are considering it, you won't regret buying it.
Please
or

Dia12 · 06/03/2022 22:39

There are many impressive features of the Nanit Pro: the motion detection recordings, the insights and sleep summary, the built in microphone….but my favourite is the fact that your phone is the baby monitor which allows more than one caregiver to montior the baby (even when not at home) and I found the gave me peace of mind and picked up even the slightest of movement.

We tested the floor stand and it was very easy to set up. We found the floor stand really useful as previously we had struggled as there are no shelve to rest the camera and we didn’t want to drill into the walls.
I particularly liked the glow in the dark feet of the stand - really well thought of!

We will definitely continue to use the Nanit pro as its has out performed the current high end monitor we have. It’s far superior in the video quality, it’s ease of use and the range of useful features.

The breathing band is only for babies up to 3 months. My baby is 7 months and whilst I worry a little less about monitoring her breathing it would have been good to have a band for older babies included in the kit.

Seeing as there are options to play some white noise on the app, it would be great if you were able to play other nursery rhymes/music from your device
Please
or

LucyBMumsnet · 08/03/2022 10:38

Thanks to everyone who took part in this product test and completed their feedback. The winner of the prize draw is @DueinJuly22 - congratulations! Smile

OP's posts:
Please
or

TheGirlWhoLived · 08/03/2022 13:32

Well done @DueinJuly22 nice timing with one on the way too!!

Please
or

Sunnysom · 15/04/2022 08:19

Message withdrawn - posted on wrong thread.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

We're all short on time

Log in or sign up to use the 'See Next' or 'See all' posts by the OP (Original Poster) and cut straight to the action.

Already signed up?

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?