Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

8 weeks bleeding but have already seen the heartbeat

Dollyq123 · 12/04/2021 13:19

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone has experienced a similar situation to me.

I had a miscarriage at the end of January, I fell pregnant straight after (with no period in between) so was extremely happy. I am now around 8 weeks. I went for a private scan at the end of March where I saw the heartbeat and baby was measured at 6 weeks 4 days.

I started lightly bleeding yesterday so I went to a&e (as recommended by 111) who have referred me for a scan at the EPU on Wednesday.

I couldn’t wait so I booked in for a private scan yesterday, where baby measured 7 weeks 6 days but no heartbeat could be picked up. The lady performing the scan did say that the baby was in a difficult position, so I’m wondering if a lack of heartbeat was due to this or if I’m just being hopeful?

Has anyone experienced not being able to detect a heartbeat due to the position of the fetus? Considering I had seen it a week or so previous?

The bleeding is much lighter than it was with my first miscarriage (for now).

I’m preparing myself for the worst, but any success stories just to keep me going until Wednesday would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all
Xx

OP's posts:
Please
or

WeAreAllCompletelyFine · 14/04/2021 14:02

I had a heavy bleed at 8 weeks in my last pregnancy. It was a subchorionic heamatoma that bled and was seen on the scan the following day. The baby survived and was fine after that.

That said, on the scan they could pick up the heartbeat. It isn't a good sign that she couldn't see it but you never know. Fingers crossed for your scan today.

Please
or

Summersun001 · 12/04/2021 20:16

Hi @Dollyq123. I’m not able to give you advice sorry - only to say that I’m going through exactly the same thing.

I had a sudden but short bleed over a week ago at 8 weeks. I went to A&E and wasn’t able to have a scan, I have one booked for tomorrow. I’ve had to wait 9 days - the bleeding stopped but I have been spotting ever since. I did have a blood test which showed an increase in hormones but I’ve not had any scans to date.

I’m expecting bad news tomorrow as my previous pregnancy ended in MC at 8 weeks. I really don’t want to get my hopes up to then be devastated again, I’ve spent the last week accepting that it’s not good news. Wishing you all the best for Wednesday! 😘 xxx

Please
or

TheVanguardSix · 12/04/2021 13:24

Oh! I see you are going in on Wednesday! I really, really hope your news is reassuring. Flowers

Please
or

TheVanguardSix · 12/04/2021 13:23

Do you still have the scan booked for Wednesday? Flowers

I haven’t had any experience of a heartbeat being difficult to detect because of baby’s position, though I’ve had a heavy bleed (as in ‘this must be a miscarriage’ heavy bleed) that did not actually result in miscarriage. It’s encouraging that the bleeding is getting lighter. How long have you been bleeding for?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?