Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Red Spotting but closed cervix

Amu10 · 04/03/2021 07:21

Last night out the blue I had the fresh red spotting I’m 8 weeks plus 5, I panicked and went straight to a&e, they couldn’t scan me but checked my cervix and said it was closed and just looks like old blood now, it was definitely red when I went in, they have said they will call me in a couple of days and if they think it’s needed they will scan make all the bleeding has stopped now & I don’t have any plan of course I’m worried it’s hard not to, just hoping I can have advice/ reassurance thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

BlessMeLord · 04/03/2021 21:21

Yes that is a good sign think positive and take plenty of rest

Please
or

Amu10 · 04/03/2021 20:21

Thank you for your reply I’m feeling very anxious, I had a private scan at 7 weeks and everything was fine heartbeat was present so I’m just hoping it will be ok such an awful feeling, I’ve not had no spotting today I’ve not had any discharge at all so not sure that’s a good sign or not sorry if TMI

OP's posts:
Please
or

BlessMeLord · 04/03/2021 19:33

Don’t want to frighten you... but i had a fresh blood bleed in 2017 and went to a&e they told me my cervix was closed then booked me in for an emergency scan. A Day later they scanned me and saw just an empty sac

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?