Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Sixth baby: tell me what pregnacy,labour and birth...

gumblossom · 09/12/2010 05:10

is like.

Will it be very different from baby number five?

I had an 8 year break between baby number 4 and 5 and honestly I think number five pregnancy was pretty easy as it was like a first pregnancy (because the kids were pretty independent). The labour and birth were great, very straight forward and managed it (for the first time) without drugs.

In your experience, is the 6th very different? I'd really like to hear how others went.

I am 44 and have a toddler, so pregnancy so far (only 7 weeks ) has been really hard. Feeling so tired and sick.

Any tips and ideas on how to manage with a toddler greatly appreciated too!

And any quick retorts for the nasty comments about large families?

OP's posts:
Please
or

hollyfort · 10/12/2010 14:03

Gumblossom,
Don't be too hard on yourself, from what i gather your still in the early stages where you are just dragging yourself, think of all the fantastic work in progress going on inside!! I remember feeling really wrecked in the beginning, house, work gettin me down etc... I'm sure your toddler doesn't feel put out, as long as your there in the background. I remember one of my sisters saying to me welcome to motherhood, one big long guilt trip!! and it's true in a way, we are always beating ourselves up over one thing or another!!
Mind yourself, and don't worry too much bout the house

Please
or

gumblossom · 10/12/2010 08:07

hollyfort, it says I have four on my profile because it wouldn't let me include my eldest, who is 19. So I actually have 4 at home, the eldest lives in another city. But I'm still his mum!

I'm struggling a bit TBH. Feeling so sick and have no energy. Unfortunately the house looks like a bomb site and I can barely drag myself off the sofa. I hope the whole pregnancy isn't like this, I think I'll get quite depressed if this goes on for much loner. Don't feel like a very good mum to my toddler at the moment.

I'm going to try to at least tidy up the living room. Then I'll crash on the sofa!Grin

OP's posts:
Please
or

hollyfort · 09/12/2010 20:19

gumblossom many congrats, had a quick sneak at your profile and on it you just have 4 kids!! I have 4, am half thinkin about maybe goin 4 no. 5 when baby is about 3yr, he's 20mths now but then wonder would it b too much of a gap cos there is about 1yr and 10mths between others!! Oh! what to do !!
Congrats again and f* all those people with their stupid comments, i think most of them are jealous deep down, just think of all the kids we'll have to call and call on us when their all grown up. I am the youngest of seven and as siblings we are always in contact with eachother and our parents.
Mind yourself

Please
or

juuule · 09/12/2010 16:00

I nearly had no6 at home. Labour was just short of 1 and half hours from first pain to delivery and that was in the early hours of the morning I was due to be induced :) Really straightforward and one of the easiest.

Please
or

mumtoxii · 09/12/2010 15:47

I had number six at home, and the birth was so easy as I was so relaxed. Had numbers eight, eleven and twelve at home too, and was 42 with number 12! Number nine was the hardest as her head was so big.....

Please
or

dottyaboutstripes · 09/12/2010 15:01

I've got six - but unfortunately I had problems for the first time and ended up needing a c/s for him. I can't say that I felt much different when I was pg, apart I suppose from general aches & pains.

I had quite a lot of comments with number 5, but funnily enough not with my 6th. Someone said I must be mad - I replied I was just lucky. Another said rather you than me and I smiled and said me too! Of course there was the "haven't you got a tv" comment. I was ride and said we parked the kids in front of it whilst we made more babies Wink That shut them up!

Congrats btw! I am vaguely hoping for another but a bit scared now of either vbac or repeat section!

Please
or

wayoftheworld · 09/12/2010 14:16

Wow...I am amazed at how well you are doing. I dont have any advice,but if I answer smb else might pick on it. Hope it goes well!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?