My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Find cleaning advice from other Mumsnetters on our Housekeeping forum.

Housekeeping

Hard floor cleaner advice needed

3 replies

Jacqueline2708 · 11/01/2022 12:45

I have ceramic floor tiles throughout my entire home (it's all on one level) I also have two very muddy dogs, the tiles and grout are impossible to keep clean.
I'm looking to buy a hard floor cleaner with scrubber or a steam mop. My concern with the steam mop is the steam itself, my home is quite damp all year round. What happens to the steam? Does it get taken back into the machine or left on the surfaces cleaned?
I know there are commercial types but do such things exist for domestic use? I'm loathe to spend £200 on gimmicky flimsy products and regret it.
I'd be so grateful for any advice.

OP posts:
TheLeigh · 11/01/2022 17:43

I can't recommend anything but I had a steam mop for ceramic bathroom tiles in a previous house and I hated it. It left them damp and water got into the grout. In the end I resorted to a cloth and bucket but sure that's entirely unhelpful for you in such a big space.

Santaisstilleatingmincepies · 11/01/2022 17:46

Cleaner here.. I prefer a mop and bucket!! 4 ddogs here and grey floors.
Keeping paws off is difficult when trying to mop as they are drawn to the bucket..... Buggars!!
Use Cif with a damp mop. Rub into the grout and leave. Mop off with something nice smelling!!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.