Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Housekeeping

New Dehumidifier Recommendations needed please

10 replies

userofthiswebsite · 06/01/2018 16:03

Had my Eco Air Simple 122 dehumidifier for pretty much exactly 4 years, but the unit started making very loud unhappy noises yesterday and I think the motor just burnt out 10 mins ago as it is now completely unresponsive.
Most helpfully timed when I've the weekend washing to dry.

I need to get a replacement...

The above was a Which Best Buy in 2013 but instead of ordering the same again wanted to see if there are any newer ones which are better. It would be particularly helpful if you had used this one and bought another one since and could compare..

Primary use is drying washing as no garden.

Thanks

OP posts:
Please
or

Plantlover · 06/01/2018 16:09

I have two different size Aldi dehumidifiers. The standard size one seems very noisy to me.

If I was buying again I would try and find a quieter one.

Please
or

Maverick66 · 06/01/2018 16:20

I have a problem with condensation.
Four bedroom detached house.
If you use a dehumidifier to help with condensation, may I ask where, in the house you position it?

Please
or

userofthiswebsite · 06/01/2018 18:14

Maverick66

I generally use mine for drying the washing but it does also help with condensation on the windows.

I would suppose that for a house like yours the landing might be good. If you could afford to splash out twice you could put one in the hallway too so both floors are catered for so to speak.

OP posts:
Please
or

Izzy24 · 07/01/2018 07:59

DeLonghi. Excellent for drying clothes.

Please
or

CMOTDibbler · 07/01/2018 08:03

I have a Mitsubishi - it was pricey, but we've used it for 11 years now to dry laundry and help with house dampness, so worth every penny

Please
or

Redrobinonspade · 07/01/2018 08:48

We have a 10l home dehumidifier, has a laundry setting - which is great for drying clothes.

Please
or

Gingernaut · 07/01/2018 13:55

I've got this one.

www.meaco.com/dehumidifier/home-dehumidifiers/meaco-20l-low-energy-dehumidifierair-purifier-is-a-which-best-buy

The filters are sometimes hard to get hold of and they're fairly pricy...

Please
or

Maverick66 · 08/01/2018 16:51

Thank you userofthiswebsite.

Please
or

LastYearsUsername · 10/01/2018 11:40

The Meaco Elephant one is fab... zambiese or something! It drys a 9kg wash load of bath sheets to a rivita snap in a couple of hours ;)

Please
or

blitzer · 10/01/2018 12:21

I've got a Delonghi and it's fantastic for drying clothes, had mine for two years and i haven't had any problems with it.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?