My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

When is best to book an All Inclusive package?

10 replies

glamourousindierockandroll · 06/12/2022 17:55

I'd like to take my family abroad for the first time in 2024. My children will be 4 and 7 by that point. We've booked a week in Cornwall for 2023, but would love to make a foreign holiday an annual fixture after that point.

At this time in our lives, we're looking for the whole all inclusive, cheesy entertainment, kid's club shebang. Short flight, so only considering as far as Spain and Balearics.

If you book these sorts of holidays - when do you find is the best time to book to get the best value for money? Any other tips appreciated!

OP posts:
upfucked · 06/12/2022 20:21

As far a head as possible. If your flying out of school holidays and your willing to do last night that will be good too. I have found jet2 to look cheaper but they seem to have lots of night flights.

FleasNavidad · 06/12/2022 20:26

Jet2 are brilliant and there are plenty of morning flights. Why the very short haul? The canaries are brilliant and the flight is fine.

In the Balearics I get eaten alive by mosquitoes if I misjudge putting on my deet by an hour. Makes it miserable 🤣. No such trouble in the canaries.

I'm excited for you, go as high rated as you can and search trip advisor reviews putting in key words of things that are important to you, like kids clubs or food.

upfucked · 06/12/2022 21:44

FleasNavidad · 06/12/2022 20:26

Jet2 are brilliant and there are plenty of morning flights. Why the very short haul? The canaries are brilliant and the flight is fine.

In the Balearics I get eaten alive by mosquitoes if I misjudge putting on my deet by an hour. Makes it miserable 🤣. No such trouble in the canaries.

I'm excited for you, go as high rated as you can and search trip advisor reviews putting in key words of things that are important to you, like kids clubs or food.

Maybe they were very early morning flights. My children are not larks.

I agree at those ages they should easily manage a longer flights. This summer by kids were 6 and just 3 and we managed flight to Balearics without using tech. We are going to the canaries this winter and I’m sure with a tablet and headphones in addition to other stuff they will manage.

glamourousindierockandroll · 06/12/2022 22:25

I might consider a little longer then - i guess i'm just trying to avoid challenges where I can and a short flight seemed like a good idea!

OP posts:
Silkierabbit · 06/12/2022 22:42

We found at that age our kids loved the Splashworld range was FirstChoice now TUI which have waterparks onsite as well as the AI and entertainment and worked well in the heat. We used to book around the Feb time and price seemed to increase from then until very last minute but they can go up or down depending on demand.

Our also really loved Lapland at Christmas time once youngest was 5. That we booked about a month before and got a very good deal.

FleasNavidad · 07/12/2022 08:13

"Maybe they were very early morning flights. My children are not larks."

Haha, yes I suppose routine is important for lots of kids. Mine, on the other hand, love the drive to the airport "in the middle of the night". It's part of the excitement for them (and me).

The thing with jet2 is the hotel check in for your flight home and the generous baggage allowances. It just makes all the difference. When you can check in your cases then swan through the airport it's brilliant. The Tui lot are sat there in reception miserable and stressed dragging round their hefty cases then queuing at the airport 🥳😂

Ivyblu · 07/12/2022 18:56

I stayed here in August 2020 it was a last minute deal due to covid and every where was expensive.
The facilities like the pools were fab and it had a small park for the kids. I wouldn't pay extortionate prices but it's worth a look. The room was all clean and tidy. Splashworlds on TUI are great.

www.tui.co.uk/destinations/spain/balearic-islands/majorca/sa-coma/hotels/globales-bouganvilla.html

whoruntheworldgirls · 07/12/2022 19:10

We loved Tagoro hotel in Tenerife, Tui Sensatori in Crete, Tui family life Bahia Feliz in Gran Canaria.

LucySno · 07/12/2022 19:12

Gran Castillo Tagoro in Lanzarote is what you're after. Jet2 currently have free child places.

thecatsmum12346 · 07/12/2022 22:19

Bahia principe fantasia with jet 2 for a week this year December 17/23 cheaper week. Been before. All inclusive. Great for kids. Lovely rooms.
roca nivaria Tenerife also v good but v expensive

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.