My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

Has anyone been to magic natura in Benidorm

15 replies

ivegotthisyeah · 26/06/2022 22:01

Has anyone been? Is it good taking two teenage boys - I have this horrible feeling it's gonna be like center parcs in the sun!

OP posts:
Honaloulou · 26/06/2022 22:03

No idea, but Center parks in the sun doesn't sound too bad at all!

ivegotthisyeah · 26/06/2022 22:08

I know that sounded really snobby I think im just used to hotels where I just laze around the pool but this time partners kids are coming so trying to find something for them to be entertained

OP posts:
Nibletmum · 26/06/2022 22:11

We have with our boys who were 2 and 4 at the time. We loved it but I'm not certain teenagers would? The zoo is very good however I guess it would depend how much they'd want to walk around it. Pools were more geared up for little ones. I don't really remember seeing much for older kids but then I didn't specifically look. It's a taxi ride away from the beach and other attractions. We enjoyed the food and they had plates of delicious cookies everywhere 😂

Travellingraspberry · 26/06/2022 22:12

We went 3 years ago. Not sure what you mean by centre parcs in the sun but I'd imagine the two teenage boys will love the water park you get free access to as guests. Our kids were much younger but we all loved the zoo next door too

Nibletmum · 26/06/2022 22:15

Yes the water park was very good!

ivegotthisyeah · 26/06/2022 22:27

@Nibletmum what is it like for adults? Trying to find somewhere relaxing but also for the teenagers to be able to have lots of fun

OP posts:
Nibletmum · 27/06/2022 15:16

To be honest as mine were so little I didn't get much relaxation! Managed to have a sunbathe around the pool while they napped one day but otherwise they were on the go so by early evening we were all knackered! They did have a stage set up at the zoo where they used to put on evening entertainment xx

RagingWoke · 27/06/2022 15:35

Just back! We were there a week and a bit ago, kids 7 and 2 loved it.

For teens, I'd say yes they'll enjoy it if they're into at least some of the offerings. There were plenty of teens around when we were there. The zoo is a couple of days at least to do it all, if you time it right you can see the bird show and feedings- tiger feeding is great to watch!

Then there's the waterpark, the bigger slides are definitely aimed at teens/adults and are fun, I couldn't do them all with 7yo for height/weight restrictions but the ones we did were great. And there is a big pool there.

The pools in the hotel itself are fab, plus they have football and basket ball courts and vr/gaming room.

Evening entrainment isn't the best I've seen but there's a show every night. The Michael Jackson act is worth a watch... it's an experience 😂

If you go ultra (or AI+) you get pizza deliveries to your lodge and unlimited visits to the themed restaurants and a couple of trips including the other magic hotels which have their own water parks. Wi-Fi can handle streaming if you wanted to take a fire stick or something so they could spend an evening in with pizzas. We had a hot tub and my dc spent lots of time in it, well worth the extra.

You've also got the experiences you could pay extra for like night safari and swimming with sea lions.

we love it, it was our 2nd visit. If your teens are into at least some of what they have.

RagingWoke · 27/06/2022 15:38

ivegotthisyeah · 26/06/2022 22:27

@Nibletmum what is it like for adults? Trying to find somewhere relaxing but also for the teenagers to be able to have lots of fun

Being there with small kids there wasn't much relaxing! But you could definitely sit by the pool, get a Bali bed or just hang in a bar.
There is a set of pools near reception in the Bali area that is a bit quieter but still has it's own bar.

Silkierabbit · 28/06/2022 03:26

We went when children were about 7 and 8 and they loved it at that age and waterpark was next door so was zoo. It had just opened then so all new. I would say maybe young teenagers but maybe not older ones but depends on kids.

Silkierabbit · 28/06/2022 03:30

I would not describe it as relaxing really more fun. Was quiet in rooms but it was quite full on activity wise. I went to waterpark with them but I love waterparks. Teenagers can probably go by themselves so can do own thing.

0nTheEdge · 29/06/2022 12:19

Sorry to hijack but we're thinking of booking here too. Was it okay for vegetarians?

Silkierabbit · 29/06/2022 21:58

Long time since we went but 1 vegetarian and fine for them. Food was reasonably good for AI from what I remember.

RagingWoke · 29/06/2022 22:33

0nTheEdge · 29/06/2022 12:19

Sorry to hijack but we're thinking of booking here too. Was it okay for vegetarians?

Yes plenty of choice, always veggie options at each meal.

0nTheEdge · 30/06/2022 20:55

Thank you both for the reassurance. The trip advisor reviews nearly made me not book but we're now all set for our first post-covid holiday abroad!

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.