Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Egypt at Christmas??

5 replies

Sharming · 20/05/2022 15:22

Has anyone been to the Red Sea resorts in Egypt over Christmas?

DH and I want to take DCs to learn to Scuba dive, and the only time we have free is in the Christmas holidays. DCs are super excited at the thought of scuba diving (they're all teenagers), and I've dived there previously so I know it's good. DCs don't care about the 'christmassy' stuff so they're happy to go on an adventure.

My question is - what are the resorts like at Christmas, and is it warm enough??

OP's posts:
Please
or

StarCourt · 20/05/2022 19:41

I Used to work in Sharm. At Xmas it's around 25 degrees in the day but cool at night. All the hotels have Xmas and new year gala dinners

Please
or

HandbagsnGladrags · 20/05/2022 19:36

I went over NY a long time ago, probably 15 years ish. Warm in the day (19/20?) but cold at night.

Please
or

Gilmorehill · 20/05/2022 19:29

The only time I went in the red sea at that time of year was in 1994! A long time ago but I seem to recall it was nice. That was probably because I was coming from winter in the U.K.

Please
or

Sharming · 20/05/2022 15:36

Ooh thank you - we're not keen on mega heat anyway, so warm enough for the beach sounds good during the day.

Is the sea warm that time of year?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Gilmorehill · 20/05/2022 15:29

The weather is pleasant during the day but you might need jackets for the evening. I’ve been to Sharm in January a couple of times and it was nice. I went to Hurghada on Boxing Day one year and the weather was good enough for the beach. I don’t recall anything Christmassy in the hotels.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?