Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Where to stay in Egypt

oohmamama · 24/03/2022 18:51

Hoping for some advice on where to stay in Egypt May half term. Looking for somewhere close to the beach, preferably with a water park and a family room. Would love decent food on AI. Anyone been there and have advice? Thanks.

OP's posts:
Please
or

badalmond · 24/03/2022 19:04

I can't give advice on specific resorts, but bear in mind that the Eid holiday will be from 1st or 2nd May so that week will be really really busy with domestic tourists. Not sure if that's the same week as May half term or not!

Please
or

TheHopefulMum · 24/03/2022 19:12

We stay in Egypt regularly with our DC's and we absolutely love it for the children, our favourite has been this one!

steigenbergeraldauresort.com/en/

Very short transfer, amazing staff, food is good, great beach and on site water lake. Kids clubs and activities are also amazing they do a kids movie every night followed by a disco and facepaint before the evening entertainment.

Please
or

oohmamama · 24/03/2022 19:25

Thanks that’s really helpful @TheHopefulMum will have a look.

Half term holiday is the end of May so after Eid

OP's posts:
Please
or

badalmond · 24/03/2022 19:53

@oohmamama

Thanks that’s really helpful *@TheHopefulMum* will have a look.

Half term holiday is the end of May so after Eid

Ok, that's good!

I lived in Egypt for a few years but never made it to the resorts. I hope you have a great time!

I was looking at resorts last summer and many of them had scaled back or cancelled events and animations or closed some of their restaurants. It might be worth checking with the resorts directly before finalising your booking.
Please
or

ThankYouStavros · 27/03/2022 20:54

We’re heading to coral sea Sensatori in Sharm.

Please
or

GingerPCatt · 27/03/2022 21:00

We stayed here at Christmas and it was fab. My only complaints were that the WiFi was a bit temperamental andthe cocktails were a bit hit and miss depending on who made them. www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g297550-d7792609-Reviews-Jaz_Aquaviva-Makadi_Bay_Hurghada_Red_Sea_and_Sinai.html?m=19905

Please
or

Hersetta427 · 28/03/2022 13:35

We have been 7 times and much prefer sharm over hurghada. My Aunt lives in sharm and her favourite hotel for weekend breaks is the royal Albatross Moderna.

I also really like the Coral Sea chain of hotels.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?