Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Holidays

Somewhere sunny and relaxing mid March?

19 replies

LaSevillana · 23/02/2022 18:37

Hi everyone,

I asked for recommendations a while back for February destinations and got some great ones. I booked Mexico but sadly had to cancel and now hope to go for a week in mid March instead. I don't think March is a great time to go to the Riviera Maya due to it being spring break in the US and I'd love to know where else might be a hot, sunny, beach destination at that time of year? I'll be travelling alone as a solo woman so safety is a concern too.

Considering the Canaries but not sure if it will be reliably warm mid March? Also a bit iffy about places to stay...I don't really want to be in a hotel surrounded by couples and families and feel awkward sitting down to meals alone. Would anyone happen to know of a resort where solo travellers are welcome?

Have also considered Cape Verde but also a bit unsure about going with Tui and feeling awkward among couples and families.

I am terribly burned out from work and not having had holidays in two years and really just want somewhere to fly and flop - beach, cocktails, pool, spa sort of thing.

Any suggestions very welcome!

OP posts:
Please
or

Fivemoreminutes1 · 23/02/2022 18:57

Dubai. Have a look at the Jumeirah resorts

Please
or

Sprig1 · 23/02/2022 19:02

Egypt would be my choice.

Please
or

midsomermurderess · 24/02/2022 14:51

Oman.

Please
or

gogohm · 24/02/2022 15:05

Canaries would be your best bet. I wouldn't do any Middle East countries as a lone woman and due to the current news I would stick with European countries and a reputable tour operator to be honest, it might all blow over but it might not alas

Please
or

Georgyporky · 24/02/2022 19:17

Nile cruise?
Madeira?

Please
or

TizerorFizz · 24/02/2022 23:12

I would look at small group tours. Then you are not travelling alone. Not beach resorts exactly but a change is as good as a rest?! The Caribbean also came to mind.

Please
or

Flazeda · 26/02/2022 08:42

@gogohm

Canaries would be your best bet. I wouldn't do any Middle East countries as a lone woman and due to the current news I would stick with European countries and a reputable tour operator to be honest, it might all blow over but it might not alas

You're absolutely fine to go as a lone woman to both Dubai and Oman, I've done both for work and leisure Hmm
Please
or

LaSevillana · 28/02/2022 22:37

I keep going back and forth on Dubai...not sure I'd like it much...the human rights stuff makes me a bit queasy, as does the idea that if anything bad happened to me and I'd had even one or two drinks I could be considered guilty. Just not sure I'd be able to fully relax there on my own!

OP posts:
Please
or

Skinnytailedsquirrel · 28/02/2022 22:39

Dubai is Blackpool on steroids.

Please
or

Skinnytailedsquirrel · 28/02/2022 22:40

...Actually I'd rather go to Blackpool.

I lived and worked in Dubai for a while.

Please
or

EndersGame · 28/02/2022 23:13

Cyprus is always good for the weather.

Please
or

BIWI · 28/02/2022 23:17

What's your budget?

Please
or

TippledPink · 28/02/2022 23:21

I am going Tenerife mid March- Cyprus would probably be good weatherwise but both I would take a jacket for the evening. Daytime is nice and hot though.

Please
or

MaryStuart · 28/02/2022 23:59

Caribbean - weather should be good in March

Please
or

BIWI · 01/03/2022 07:47

It's more expensive in the Caribbean in March as it's still the dry season.

But there's a hotel here that sounds like it might suit. An adult-only resort. Flight from Heathrow (I guessed at dates) and £2324.81 for 7 nights.

Please
or

Newgirls · 01/03/2022 08:06

Southern Spain? Lots to explore. Great cities with beaches there eg Malaga. Good weather. And varied age range?

Please
or

Sportslady44 · 03/03/2022 01:58

Canaries definitely.

Please
or

Masdintle · 03/03/2022 02:58

Still the Bodyholiday in St Lucia. Absolutely meets your brief

Please
or

BringMeTea · 03/03/2022 07:54

Caribbean or Canaries. I think you should have hot enough days in the latter just do research and avoid the big hotels used by tour companies.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?