Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Mexico with a 2 and 4 yr old

Icewiththat · 08/10/2021 20:55

Can anyone recommend a really good 4/5 * all inclusive in Mexico- preferably in Riviera Maya or Playa del Carmen that would be suitable for little ones. We’d like a splash pool area and kids club, an adults only area would also be fab.
Currently looking at the Grand Sirenis or an eco resort.
We love Mexico but our experiences are of adults only hotels which now seems a lifetime ago…Confused

OP's posts:
Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 09/10/2021 07:25

Paradisus Playa del Carmen

Please
or

Insertfunnyname · 09/10/2021 07:34

We stayed at the fives, azul beach in riviera maya with a 2 and 4 year old a few years ago. The kids club was great. Either you can stay yourself for free or you pay for a hotel babysitter to accompany them. Loads of activities and a soft play. So many dining options too. We took the 4 year olds scooter and he scooted everywhere as it’s a big resort. He loved it!

Please
or

TyotyaKlava · 09/10/2021 10:20

We’ve just booked Grand Sirenis for going this Christmas. Got two children 4 and 7, so will see how it goes! It looked good plus reviews plus the price tag was more or less affordable for us.
I would like to know more about kids clubs though as I thought it’s sort of free childcare where you are meant to leave kids during the day.

Please
or

Icewiththat · 09/10/2021 14:18

Thanks everyone! I can’t see many places that do kids clubs for under 4s. You can stay yourself I think but I’m desperate (as I’m sure we all are!!) to make use of the adult only pool with a cocktail for an hour each day!

@Insertfunnyname love the scooter idea!

The prices at the moment are pretty good but I just can’t get my head around more ‘rules’ so haven’t really looked into it yet. The testing two days before coming home fills be with dread, I can’t imagine isolating in resort with the children. Hopefully things will change by then!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Insertfunnyname · 09/10/2021 15:18

Yes the Fives definitely had kids club access for under 4s it’s just that you paid an hourly rate for a specific babysitter (from the crèche) to look after them. I don’t think it was on the website but we discovered it when we arrived. Email them to confirm. I agree very hard otherwise to get kids club for young children.

Please
or

Tequilamockinbird · 09/10/2021 21:45

We've stayed at Grand Sirenis and Royalton. Both good but out of the 2, I'd choose Royalton. GS is quite a way from the airport (over an hour drive).

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.