Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

October half-term: I need sun, a heated outdoor pool, a sandy beach, child-friendly and some luxury!

9 replies

Motherdare · 04/10/2021 10:04

Is this doable in Southern Europe? Thinking Cyprus, Tenerife, Portugal. Has anyone been anywhere in October that has all this? The heated outdoor pool seems to be the trickiest component…

OP's posts:
Please
or

rookiemere · 04/10/2021 21:50

I've been to Tenerife 6-7 times for October half terms. There has been the occasional day with a rain storm, but it's consistently been 23-25 degrees.

Please
or

Motherdare · 04/10/2021 21:11

toomuchleopard
What was the Vincci like? Good for children? Decent food? Touch of luxury??

Thanks for all the recommendations - most of them all full booked sadly.

OP's posts:
Please
or

itsgettingwierd · 04/10/2021 21:00

Tenerife can be hit and miss weather wise in October. So even a heated outdoor pool can be hit and miss!

A lot of hotels though will heat pools September/ October until March/April. Quite easy to find but usually 4/5* ones.

Please
or

Toomuchleopard · 04/10/2021 20:54

Vincci plantation del sur in Tenerife. I just came back yesterday and two of the pools were very warm. Close to Playa el Duque beach.

Please
or

nancybotwinbloom · 04/10/2021 20:51

Do t know how hot Cyprus will be but we stayed in the SENSATORI at Aphrodite hillls. Really child friendly.

Loved it.

Was quite expensive though. We went for our wedding in august a couple of years back.

I'd love to go again.

Please
or

Pearlyqueen21 · 04/10/2021 20:48

We’re heading here for our half term (Scotland) next week: www.sandaya.co.uk/our-campsites/riviera-d-azur/swimming#menu
Heated outdoor pool Smile, near the coast in the French Riviera. I’m going to park myself in the jacuzzi! Hope you find somewhere that fits the bill 👍

Please
or

rookiemere · 04/10/2021 20:01

Not sure how much availability there will be for half term now but if you have deep pockets then Iberostar Anthelia Costa Adeje would fit the bill.

Please
or

Ricekrispie22 · 04/10/2021 19:15

Jardines de Nivaria in Tenerife

Please
or

LittleRen · 04/10/2021 14:48

The heated pool is what got me... so we ended up booking somewhere in UK instead, I cant bear a cold pool - we went to Portugual in August this year and the pool was cold enough then. I found villas with heated pools in most places but not hotels.

I think the Canaries are your best bet.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?