My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Travel forum for recommendations on everything from day trips to the best family-friendly holiday destinations.

Holidays

What's your favourite ever Eurocamp site?

45 replies

fadingfast · 25/08/2017 18:44

Looking for next year, probably France but open to other destinations. Also open to other tour operators but we'd get a good discount with Eurocamp as previous customers.

We generally prefer sites that are not too full-on/noisy.

Would love to hear about your favourites....

OP posts:
grandOlejukeofYork · 31/08/2017 22:52

Bella Italia at Lake Garda.

Norcenni was good but I wouldn't go back, incredibly hilly and impossible to cycle or walk anywhere out of the site. El Delfin verde we didn't like at all.

SweepTheHalls · 31/08/2017 22:54

Just got back from croix de vieux Pont, stayed in the safari tents. Bloody brilliant. Children from 1 to 15 in the group and everyone had a great time.

EnglishGirlApproximately · 31/08/2017 22:58

Love Chateaux Des Ormes but it. An get busy, next year we're going back to Yelloh Village Les Mouettes which we love, it's in a beautiful area and the site is a good size but not too full on. Also love Cypsela and Val de Cantonese

EnglishGirlApproximately · 31/08/2017 22:58

Not Cantonese Grin Val de Cantobre of course!

herecomesthsun · 01/09/2017 02:54

Yes we went to La Croix with Eurocamp, we had a very new looking 2 bedroom chalet with a view of the lake from the decking. I was quite relieved after reading reviews describing poor accommodation.

I was keen to be under cover because I get chest infections easily.

The safari tents looked fun, especially when the weather was hot and sunny. The first week we went there was a storm with enormous hailstones, and I was glad not to be in a tent then. However, the temperatures were pretty high, so that even when it rained things dried off quickly.

There were 5 different holiday companies at least. Other mums said that they thought Eurocamp had the best accommodation but that Canvas had really good kids clubs arrangements. The water zorbing on the artifical beach that was exclusive to Canvas comes to mind.

Longdistance · 01/09/2017 03:17

Tagging along, as we're thinking of Eurocamp next year, and seeing the big mouse on the way home.

herecomesthsun · 01/09/2017 07:19

La Croix does coach trips to Big Mouse for 17 euros adults and 14 euros kids (90 euro journey).

Big Mouse however looked likely to cost at least 200 euros for entrance for 4 of us in addition.

Food is incredibly expensive on top we were told, so packed rations were recommended.

In the end we thought about the travel times, the hour wait for rides, the crowds and the kids decided it wasn't worth going!

My husband was relieved as he thinks Disney is a capitalist con.

herecomesthsun · 01/09/2017 07:19

sorry should say 90 minute journey.

hoyhoy44 · 01/09/2017 15:27

When dc were young one of our favourite area to visit was Brittany, we loved Benodet , La Pointe St-Gilles was the nearby Eurocamp site and dc seemed to love the site, it was over 10 years ago though so not sure how it is now !

Frazzled74 · 02/09/2017 18:04

Watching this with interest as I am looking for next year but we need to be car free so many of the campsites are too remote. I would quite like to book a dual centre holiday if possible.

EnglishGirlApproximately · 02/09/2017 18:15

frazzled a few in Spain are easy without a car. Look at Camping Internacional, Castell Montgri, Sanguli or Cambrils. In Italy might be worth looking at Bella Italia, it would be manageable.

NorfolkEnchance · 02/09/2017 18:25

Has anyone been to Sanguli in Spain? Going with DH and 2 DCs, not sure what to expect as we've only been AI before.

Frazzled74 · 02/09/2017 19:55

Thank you, Englishgirl ,we have been to Bella Italia three times now so whilst it's perfect, I'd like a change. I would prefer Italy or Croatia but will look at the sites in Spain.

ZivaDiva · 02/09/2017 19:58

Les Penyrals in the Dordogne. Lovely clean site with fantastic pools. Have been with both small dcs and older ones. There's an indoor pool with retractable roof in case of bad weather. Restaurant is nice too.

firawla · 02/09/2017 20:04

Cypsela is good. Have also done la crowd, liked it but the highlight was Disney trip really (we weren't lucky with weather though) so preferred cypsela. Also recommend the vendee area. Not eurocamp but we went to a Siblu camp called la Bois Masson / la Bois dormant (its two camps together) and would recommend that too. Loads to do in vendee area!

Daffydil · 02/09/2017 20:09

Hated La Croix

Really liked Val de Cantobre, chateau des marais, palombiere.

Just back from St Avit loisirs, which was ok, but a bit big and not too friendly. Eurocamp have 150 pitches on site, plus eurocamp indie and no other operators are there. Just eurocamp and people biking direct. The kids club was amazing for DS (5) though.

Violetparis · 02/09/2017 20:21

We've just come back from Villanova campsite near Barcelona. It is worth a look at, found it very chilled and peaceful. Buses right outside campsite to Barcelona and Sitges. We also visited Tarragonna which we loved, quieter than Barcelona and Sitges and full of Roman history. We also have stayed and liked Bella Italia.

Frazzled74 · 02/09/2017 20:30

Villanova sounds ideal for us, thank you.

hoyhoy44 · 03/09/2017 21:00

there is a Eurocamp group (Eurocamp Unofficial Supporters Club) on Facebook and people give honest opinions on sites and advice, it might be useful

SweepTheHalls · 04/09/2017 17:48

We did the safari tents at LA Croix. Had a fantastic time and will certainly be doing the safari tents again. Cool in the heat and cosy when raining ☔. Loved it.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.