Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Sharm or Hurghada for next May - recommendations and tips please!

buktus · 17/09/2013 10:04

Despite the recent troubles we fancy a change of scenery usually go to Caribbean but keen to try something different.
Who are the best people to book through?
We have kids aged between 12 and 5.
Thanks

OP's posts:
Please
or

34DD · 18/09/2013 13:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or

Fluffy1234 · 18/09/2013 15:51

I stayed at the Fort Arabesque hotel in Makadi Bay which is about 20 minutes away from Hurghada. It's a really good hotel with a nice mix of nationalities and an excellent beach for snorkelling. We also went to make a change from the Caribbean. It's definitely not as pretty as the Caribbean but did offer very good value for money. We flew to Cairo for the day to see Egyptian museum and Pyramids ( iffy now I realise), went in the desert in a jeep and watched the sunset from a big sand dune and went snorkelling from a deserted island on a boat trip. We booked through Thomas Cook but I think you can book the hotel through Thomsons as well. We went at Easter and the weather was perfect.

Please
or

34DD · 18/09/2013 19:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?