Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Jungle aqua park resort, Hurghada

20 replies

nappyaddict · 22/02/2012 17:12

Anyone been? Would you recommend it?

OP posts:
Please
or

nappyaddict · 22/12/2013 20:19

Just wondered if anyone had been to the sister hotel "Dana Beach" I think we would prefer this as it has on beach access unlike Jungle Aqua Park. Is there an AI bar on Dana Beach and does it do food as well as drinks if so?

OP posts:
Please
or

SixtyFootDoll · 28/02/2012 19:36

The children's beds are really comfy, full size single beds.
And the staff there are so lovely and friendly. My boys adored one of the life guards, he made such a fuss of them.

Please
or

FairyPenguin · 28/02/2012 18:27

Thank you very much! Sounds perfect for us. Glad it's not like a lot of hotels where 'sleeps 4' means 2 sofa beds for the children so that we wouldnt actually be able to sit anywhere in the evenings. Food sounds good for my daughter, if a little bland for the rest of us, but better that way round. Thanks everyone.

Please
or

copycat · 27/02/2012 19:02

Yes there is choice of plain food including chips, pasta, salad, breads etc.

As south345 said the rooms have a double bed and two single beds in a separate alcove which is by the patio doors and separated by a curtain. The bathrooms have a shower but no bath and are quite basic. The resort does have 2 bedroom units; we were offered one but preferred to have two separate rooms so that the teenagers could be on their own! Of course, there are loads of reviews and photos of the rooms on Tripadvisor and Holidaycheck so, if you haven't already seen them take a look:

Tripadvisor

Holidaycheck

Please
or

SixtyFootDoll · 27/02/2012 18:13

We went jan 2011, the rooms are fantastic and the whole resort was spotless. The aqua park was great with plenty for all ages. There was no kids club. But we were out of season. I found the food pretty bland and samey. Lots of Russians there. Hurghada town was awful and we hated being pestered as we walked around.

Please
or

south345 · 27/02/2012 18:05

Theres a kids bit in Asian planet restaurant not sure of times there are chicken nuggets etc, in one restaurant there was an English chef who makes kids stuff if you're lucky enough to meet him
The rooms are lovely, there's a massive double bed room then partition with 2 beds in ours it could have done with being swapped round as the kids beds were in the half near the balcony so you had to pass them to sit outside on a night. It's a massive resort and we were exhausted every night from walking bug would definitely recommend.

Please
or

FairyPenguin · 27/02/2012 17:40

I'm also interested in this resort. Do you know whether they have family rooms/suites with 2 bedrooms or at least a partitioned area so the children can sleep and we can stay up? Mine are 2 and 4 and can't stay up late no matter how hard we try to keep them up a bit longer, and DH and I don't want to go to bed at 7:30! Also they sleep in pitch black so it really does need to be separate.

With the all inclusive, are the restaurants open for dinner early enough for us, ie by 6:30-7 ideally? Is there enough non-spicy plain food (DD is v fussy).

Thanks.

Please
or

copycat · 26/02/2012 09:15

We went for 8 nights end of October/early November 2011. For the hotel we paid £1595 for 5 people in TWO rooms to accommodate 2 adults and 3 x older teens 16, 16, 13 (who all shared one room). We booked the accommodation through Holiday Elite and flights (which were extra) with easyJet direct.

There are some slides for younger children/toddlers in the children's pool at the hotel as well as in the aqua park Smile

Please
or

south345 · 24/02/2012 11:39

There's a kids bit for the 3 year old, my 6 year old went on all the big ones.

Please
or

nappyaddict · 24/02/2012 10:19

DS is 5 and my friend's DC are 7, 5 and 3. We weren't sure if they were too young for the aquapark?

OP posts:
Please
or

south345 · 24/02/2012 10:14

For this years we're flying from Glasgow as we saved £500 as they're back at school when we go but we're about halfway between all the major airports so only an extra couple of ours ado worth saving £500 for but depends when you're looking to go.

Please
or

south345 · 24/02/2012 10:12

2 and 6

Please
or

nappyaddict · 24/02/2012 10:08

How old are your children?

OP posts:
Please
or

south345 · 24/02/2012 09:34

They did but I think they lost the contract for there. You can book direct with them and get flights. We would definitely go again but we've already booked first choice holiday village in sharm for August the turkey one was fab and Egypt is supposed to be the best, we got a free child place. We chose the holiday village for the kids club etc but there's only a couple of slides which may be a bit boring after jungle aqua park!

Please
or

nappyaddict · 24/02/2012 09:05

Do first choice do any free kids places?

OP posts:
Please
or

south345 · 23/02/2012 18:27

We went with first choice there is a kids club but it's all in foreign so we couldn't understand the signsBlush, unless Thomas cook have their own now. We went last sept for £1600 ish for 2 kids 2 adults.

Please
or

nappyaddict · 23/02/2012 17:38

Confused it says there is a kids club for 4-12 year olds? It's a Thomas Cook Aquamania hotel isn't it?

Who did everyone book with, what month did they go and what did you pay?

OP posts:
Please
or

copycat · 22/02/2012 22:25

Yes we stayed there last October/November. Would I recommend it ... well that would depend on your expectations, priorities and requirements, where you have stayed before, how much you are paying, when you want to travel ... I don't mean to be unhelpful but whether or not I would recommend the hotel would depend on whom was asking!

If there is anything you particularly want to know I'm happy to try and help Smile

Please
or

south345 · 22/02/2012 17:15

Rooms all fab, food ok but I'm fussy, kids ate at McDonald's a couple of nights, shops quite expensive but there's a massive supermarket 10 mins walk away.

Please
or

south345 · 22/02/2012 17:13

Fab!! We went in sept best holiday apart from no kids club and hardly any english people, let me know if you want to know anything in particular

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?