Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Welcome to Mumsnet's holiday forum. Discuss all international travel here, including both shorthaul and longhaul trips. Related topics: UK holidays & day trips, skiing, camping & campervans.

Eqypt holiday 22 weeks pg?!

4 replies

MrsEdenbridge · 06/01/2006 09:35

We are going to Luxor, Egypt for a week at the beginning of February when I will be 22 weeks pregnant. Good sense tells me that as we are going to a good class of hotel, there should not be anything to really worry about, but I thought I would just check if I am overlooking anything non-u about the whole thing or ask if anyone else has done the same thing and has got any tips for a happy, healthy last pre-babe holiday in Egypt!

OP posts:
Please
or

tonton · 06/01/2006 14:24

Lucky you! I went to Egypt last Easter, Cairo, Red Sea & Luxor which was GORGEOUS! Great time to be going too. It won't be hugely hot so you probaly won't have to worry too much about dehydration. And food wise, as long as you eat in the reputable hotels you will be fine I'm sure. We found the standard of food to be pretty good and never thought anything looked 'dodgy' or unhygenic. Roads are a bit bumpy and there aren't always seatbelts which is a bit dspressing - very old cars/buses etc! Abnd the flight is pretty short so that should be fine too. Have fun!

Please
or

morningpaper · 06/01/2006 14:29

Have fun! Be very wary of the food though - I went and everyone around me seemed to be vomiting. Ask your pharmacy for some medicines such as appropriate dehydration sachets just in case - so you are prepared. (No idea if you can take them while pregnant but it would be worth finding out I think.) Hope you enjoy it!

Please
or

pinkmagic1 · 06/01/2006 14:53

Enjoy, i'm so jelous. DH is origianally from Luxor so have visited many times, including while pregnant and with a young baby. We stay in the family home and eat there and in restaurants with absolutely no problems as does DS, now 19 months. However many people do get sick. Personally I think this is more due to hotels re-heating food, too much midday sun and alchohol than anything. Best stick to bottled water, we don't but our stomachs are used to the local water.
If you want any more info on Luxor just ask. Have a lovely holiday.

Please
or

twirlaround · 07/01/2006 18:16

Tummy bugs are notorious in Egypt, even in good hotels, we had mild diorrhea in the Hilton

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?