Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Need a boost

Loz123456 · 30/09/2018 08:20

So.. I'm 21 yrs old I and have a child who's is 1. Am thinking about careers and I'm really thinking of going to do midwifery.
I now it will take time to train as one and but I just need that boost, I don't have any friends, so I don't really have support,

I know for me to achieve this qualification
I will need to take GCSE English and Science. Then take 2 A-leves and then 3 yeas at university.

What made want me want to do this was, after the birth of my child. I had realised that I really like helping pregnant women and giving that support they need to help them through the happy time, but most importantly difficult times too. I could go on forever but it too much to write 😊

I just need a confidence boost and just some advice and support.

Thank you for taking the time to read.

OP's posts:
Please
or

BenjaminTheDonkey · 04/10/2018 07:19

...of an issue...

Please
or

BenjaminTheDonkey · 04/10/2018 07:16

It's worth contacting the admissions tutor at your nearest school of midwifery to find out whether A-levels or Access will be the better route for you. Be prepared to be told that entry to midwifery courses is very competitive, so there is a chance that you won't get a place even if you have all the required qualifications; you need to have something else you would use the qualifications for if midwifery doesn't come off. This becomes even more if an issue if you can only apply to a limited number of universities because of travel distance.

Please
or

Loz123456 · 30/09/2018 09:16

I haven't enrolled yet, but I never thought of an access course. it Knowing where to start to get you on the right path If that make sense, but I will look into an access course. I will probably go into collage for more advice. There's so many learning routes to choose from but its just choosing the right for myself

OP's posts:
Please
or

MelbourneClown03 · 30/09/2018 08:50

I think you should totally go for it. You're still young. Like a PP said, look in to alternative routes to higher education.

You may find you have more support around you via a non traditional route of education.

Please
or

LIZS · 30/09/2018 08:26

Could you do an Access course rather than A levels? Then you would be with other mature students, also wanting a similar career path. Have you enrolled for the gcses yet?

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?