Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

After couch25k

franklyshankly2 · 26/01/2019 09:59

I’ve recently “completed” couch25k and I’m really chuffed. I never thought I would be a runner but I love it.

I now want to progress and run faster and for longer. But I need to motivation the app gave me. If I go out with no real plan I end up hardly running then coming home :(

Any tips? Anyone had success with any other apps?

OP's posts:
Please
or

werekitty · 26/01/2019 17:36

Maybe see if there are any local running clubs which you could join.

You could also mix up your runs, so if you run three times a week do one as a fast thirty minutes, one interval training run and a longer run and add half a kilometre every week to it.

Please
or

FATEdestiny · 26/01/2019 10:56

After the C25K Plus podcasts, there are Audiofuel podcasts which follow a similar format. Audiofuel is paid-for though, unless you have a Spotify subscription in which case you can find them on Spotify.

There are also various apps which take your running up to 10km, if you're looking to increase your distance.

But I'd definitely do the C25K+ podcasts first.

Please
or

franklyshankly2 · 26/01/2019 10:48

Great! I’ll check them out. Thank you very much

OP's posts:
Please
or

FATEdestiny · 26/01/2019 10:38

There are Couch to 5K Plus podcasts on the NHS website. They are for recent C25K graduates

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?