Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Swimming Costume Recommendations

JemimaMuddledUp · 27/10/2015 19:59

I tend to buy cheap Slazenger swimsuits from Sports Direct, but have to keep replacing them as they fade and go baggy really quickly. I thought I might ask for a decent costume for Christmas, but have no idea what brands are worth paying more for.

I swim 3-4 times a week and go straight to work from the pool, which means that my costume spends several hours damp in the bottom of my bag before it is washed. Am I likely to kill a decent swimsuit just as quickly?

OP's posts:
Please
or

PurpleDaisies · 31/10/2015 16:04

I have an Adidas one which I replace with an identical one every few years. I swim about three times a week as well.

Please
or

yeOldeTrout · 31/10/2015 15:58

Tyr is a good brand. Lots of good quality items at good price on Wiggle.

Please
or

TriJo · 31/10/2015 15:18

Speedo Endurance costumes last very well - one of mine is 4 years old and is only starting to reach the bitter end. Pretty true to size and not as outrageously stretchy as some. You should be able to get some at a reasonable price on Wiggle or Amazon quite easily.

I'm also a fan of Dolfin Uglies costumes - they are lined, have funky designs but whether you like them really depends on how much you like thin straps - not everyone does.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?