Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Mumsnet hasn't checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have medical concerns, please seek medical attention; if you think your problem could be acute, do so immediately. Even qualified doctors can't diagnose over the internet, so do bear that in mind when seeking or giving advice.

Acceptable spike?

Izitso · 29/08/2022 10:23

I had a cereal for breakfast which spiked to 12.1 at 1hr (up from 6.4) before dropping to 5.1 after 2hrs. Does the 1hr spiked matter a great deal or should I just go by the 2hr reading?
Thank you.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Sodoi · 05/09/2022 13:12

Having a savoury breakfast would be better for you.
Maybe think of buying the book called Glucose Revolution by Jessie Inchauspe.
if you have Instagram you could look her up there under the name Glucose Goddess(one word). She has lots of information there too.

Please
or

Izitso · 05/09/2022 14:30

Thanks for posting - I'll look that up now!

OP's posts:
Please
or

mondaytosunday · 05/09/2022 16:37

No. I spike way higher than that.
Spiking is not ideal but it's going to happen.

Please
or

pinknsparkly · 05/09/2022 16:48

I would second the recommendation of Glucose Goddess. She advocates many of the same approaches to the gestational diabetes website that helped me keep my gestational diabetes under control without medication during pregnancy. The limits are stricter during pregnancy as blood sugar affects the baby too but as an indicator.... my 1 hour post meal limit was 7.8 and two hours post meal (if I missed the 1 hour time point) was 5.3. That 1 hour reading would absolutely have been a cause for concern. As a one off its absolutely fine, but I'd be wanting to avoid it happening on a regular basis!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?