My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

Use our Cost of Living forum to discuss budgeting and energy saving with other users.

Cost of living

Heated socks anyone

10 replies

TheHotCrossBunny · 02/10/2023 14:29

I work from home and last winter I was bleedin' freezin when trying to keep my heating on low. I've tried thermals but can anyone recommend any heated socks that theyve actually used? Are they worth the money?

OP posts:
Uncooperativefingers · 02/10/2023 14:31

I got some cheapies from amazon, with a little rechargeable battery pack on the side. They're bulky so have to go over leggings etc, but totally worth it.

I wore those, inside a sleeping bag for wfh last winter and it was great.

ginandtonicwithlimes · 04/10/2023 13:32

I would buy proper wool socks if you can wear them.

Ladybird69 · 04/10/2023 13:38

I’ve just bought some Nordic socks from amazon and they are really warm and a heated throw along with lots of thermals and hats and gloves! I really feel the cold.

Tokyo2005 · 04/10/2023 13:53

Have you tried a heated blanket / throw for your lap? It changed my life and honestly meant the heating stayed off a whole month longer that it would have otherwise!

Mayhemmumma · 04/10/2023 13:58

Heated socks are good I got some for my DD who had reynauds and I've just bought us all Oodies and my life is complete!

VisaWoes · 04/10/2023 14:00

I use duvet hut slippers. Like little duvet jackets for your feet. Mine are Rab ones.

ginandtonicwithlimes · 04/10/2023 14:22

Mayhemmumma · 04/10/2023 13:58

Heated socks are good I got some for my DD who had reynauds and I've just bought us all Oodies and my life is complete!

I have Raynaud's. Oodies are great. Also recommend the slanket for your DD. 😀 looks daft but lovely and warm.

ScarletPower · 08/10/2023 18:32

I haven't heard of heated socks but I did buy some of those fluffy boot slippers you put in the microwave - they stayed warm for about 45 minutes each time before microwaving again. Trouble was they were lavender scented which I hate so everytime I wanted warm feet I had to put up with the smell of hot lavender also, they've got a heavy wheat-bag type thing in them so walking around is a bit stompy

CMOTDibbler · 08/10/2023 18:48

I bought DH some for cycling and they are OKish, but I wouldn't want to wear them all day. Merino socks, proper boots with a wool lining (I have Ugg a likes which are only worn in the house - the thick sole keeps your feet really insulated. If you wanted to add some heat, an easy and cheap solution is a pet bed heater. I got one for our very elderly cat and it is a nice gentle heat that costs very little to run.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.