Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

When's the best time to get pregnant? Use our interactive ovulation calculator to work out when you're most fertile and most likely to conceive.

Test line lighter 14 DPO

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 06:57

Hi,

I'm 14 DPO and until today the line on frers have been getting light. This morning it's a bit lighter. Should I be concerned? It's actually darker on the cheapie strip test though. Starting to panic.

Test line lighter 14 DPO
Test line lighter 14 DPO
OP's posts:
Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 06:58

First pic is yesterday 13 DPO and second pic is today 14 DPO.

Both FMU

OP's posts:
Please
or

LemonZestDribbles · 24/05/2022 07:05

Did you drink a lot before bed last night? It could be just more diluted 🤞🍀

Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 07:36

I think I drank about the same.

Also jus remembered I got up in the night so yesterday's test from all night of holding

OP's posts:
Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 07:38

This photo is probably more useful

Test line lighter 14 DPO
OP's posts:
Please
or

Regenbogen22 · 24/05/2022 07:40

I wouldn't worry about it and I'd do another in 2 days to see a better change from today's!

Please
or

HopingForRainbow2021 · 24/05/2022 07:43

I had similar early on, between 11 and 13 dpo. Everything was fine in the end but I had a big panic, posted here and begged GP to do bloods. I read a lot about it, and it seems that different people have different success with fmu v 2mu etc. Really hope this is what’s going on for you here. I also did a weeks estimator when I started to panic, and was surprised to see 2-3 rather than 1-2. I do think free lines can vary xx

Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 07:45

Will do. I've had a chemical twice before although this time I still have all the symptoms. Usually they go first, then the line gets fainter, then the bleeding starts.

Just which I knew why this happens 😞

OP's posts:
Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 07:46

@HopingForRainbow2021 thank you. Trying not to panic but not doing very well. It's taken one chemical last May and a whole year of trying for this.

What is a week estimator?

OP's posts:
Please
or

Regenbogen22 · 24/05/2022 07:50

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 07:46

@HopingForRainbow2021 thank you. Trying not to panic but not doing very well. It's taken one chemical last May and a whole year of trying for this.

What is a week estimator?

I think she means the clear blue digital which shows how many weeks you are.
Although they're not always accurate and cause worry for many women!

Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 07:52

Ah yes, I see now. Not sure it's worth taking one yet? X

OP's posts:
Please
or

HopingForRainbow2021 · 24/05/2022 07:55

We are all different, but it offered me some reassurance when I was busy panicking about darkness of lines. I took mine at 14dpo but just took the one - I didn’t keep testing until I saw 3+. In my view, that’s where the additional anxiety can creep in. At the end of the day though what’s right for one won’t be for everyone

Please
or

MummyT13 · 24/05/2022 07:58

@thebloodycatwontstopmeowing are they all taken FMU? Only because I had that issue.. my FMU was always a lighter line 🙁 I don't know if it's because it was too strings but I've have Multiple MC & CP but mine was lighter with FMU than the evening and every morning I was convinced it was going to be a chemical again but I'm 9 weeks 🤷🏻‍♀️ x

Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 07:59

Thank. I was going to do a digital today now I've officially missed my period.

I'll have a think. My head feels all over the place now.

The only hope I'm clinging onto is that my symptoms are still there, which I know doesn't really mean anything.

OP's posts:
Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 08:01

@MummyT13 yesterday's test (the darker one) 13 DPO I'd been to the toilet in the night about 3am and then take the test at 7am so not a full night. The one from this morning was a full night. I did have a glass of water before bed.

OP's posts:
Please
or

MummyT13 · 24/05/2022 08:01

@thebloodycatwontstopmeowing don't forget that CB digital weeks indicator is meant to be used with FMU only. Getting a normal digital with show pregnant with those lines but if you get a weeks indicator digital then you will see the progression. ☺️ x

Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 08:14

Thank you I'll try one tomorrow.

I did get a darker line today on a cheapie. Does that mean anything?

OP's posts:
Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 08:15

Should probably be darker at this stage

Test line lighter 14 DPO
OP's posts:
Please
or

MummyT13 · 24/05/2022 08:22

@thebloodycatwontstopmeowing not necessarily. It depends on when you implanted. If you implanted at 11 DPO then say your HCG was as follows:

11DPO - 6 HCG
13DPO - 12 HCG
15DPO - 24 HCG
17 DPO - 48 HCG

Etc etc then it'll be very different to someone that implanted at 9DPO. HCG doubles every 48 hours so if you do a test tonight after a 4 hour hold then you'll probably find it's darker. A lot of people get better lines with a 4 hour hold in the evening. I can't tell you everything will be fine and the worst won't happen but at the moment there is still progression in your tests so try not to panic and pee on as many test as makes you happy in my opinion ☺️ x

Please
or

MummyT13 · 24/05/2022 08:23

This was my 12DPO 🤷🏻‍♀️

Test line lighter 14 DPO
Please
or

MummyT13 · 24/05/2022 08:26

This was my 12,13,14 DPO on FRER
12DPO at the top and 14DPO at the bottom.

See my 13DPO is barely there in comparison? X

Test line lighter 14 DPO
Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 08:28

Thanks @MummyT13
So it can be normal to get a bit lighter than the day before? X

OP's posts:
Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 08:28

I'm feeling slightly calmer

OP's posts:
Please
or

MummyT13 · 24/05/2022 08:30

@thebloodycatwontstopmeowing yeah I think it all really depends on the urine and how long it's been since you've peed. The best tests I used were wondfo. They're cheap and you get dye stealers with them and can get them same day from Amazon 😊 but yeah completely normal x

Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 09:07

@MummyT13 thanks so much for your help. Whatever happens you've helped.

I've not heard of those tests before but I'll have a look.

How reliable do you think the cheap strip ones are? The line is getting darker on those. When I was pregnant before the frers always seemed to be most reliable although my DC are now 5 and 3.5 s a while ago!

OP's posts:
Please
or

thebloodycatwontstopmeowing · 24/05/2022 09:11

I've just been to the toilet and there's some brown watery discharge on the tissue. So I guess this isn't a good sign 😞 my previous chemicals were bright red blood but this along with a lighter test doesn't seem very good.

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?