My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

From present ideas to party food, find all your Christmas inspiration here.

Christmas

Oodies

42 replies

Emmmmz9 · 30/09/2023 16:12

Are they worth the money over cheaper non branded ones please?

OP posts:
Floralnomad · 30/09/2023 16:13

They are definitely thicker than all the cheaper ones I’ve seen . We have originals but my daughter also has a primark one as she finds the real one too much .

AIstolemylunch · 30/09/2023 16:16

Can anyone recommend a good non oodie one, I think mine would also like a slightly less thick one as house isn't that cold.

SageRosemary · 30/09/2023 16:52
Finteq · 30/09/2023 16:57

I think I saw a thread about a website that sells oodies but without the label.

And much cheaper.

Will check.

Finteq · 30/09/2023 16:59
lost78300 · 30/09/2023 17:06

Uttermara Blanket Hoodie, Super Warm Cozy Sherpa Wearable Blanket for Women & Men, Oversized Sweatshirt with Giant Front Pocket & Elastic Sleeve, One Size Fits All, Pink amzn.eu/d/gU5JBrt?tag=mumsnet&ascsubtag=mnforum-21

lost78300 · 30/09/2023 17:07

They did have more colours last year and the one I bought is excellent.

Alarae · 30/09/2023 17:09

I've always wondered as I had the Primark version. Ended up buying a seconds off the 5poundstuff website and the difference is noticeable! Much thicker and bigger.

I wouldn't pay full price for an Oodie though, it's not worth that much more than cheaper versions.

LubaLuca · 30/09/2023 17:15

I just bought a couple and they're far better than the cheap one I had (possibly Primark). They're heavier but I like that because it feels comforting, and probably just because they're much longer and thicker.

They were 2 for £89 which is the cheapest I've seen them, although I haven't exactly been watching closely.

Singleandproud · 30/09/2023 17:20

The Kudd.ly ones went down a hit and were perfect in the colder weather, they have washed really welland still look like new.

Primark ones we have are a little thinner and after two years the fleece lining isn't as soft and fluffy as it once was.

OOdies I believe are even thicker than Kudd.ly which I think would be too much.

Lightsandtights · 30/09/2023 18:14

We have oodie, Primark and Kuddly in this house. The best quality one is the Oodie, by far. Primark are good for the wide range they stock like Disney. I don’t rate my Kuddly and use DH’s Oodie.

I think Oodie have BOGOF just now.

AbsolutelyNebulous · 30/09/2023 18:18

I have two of the Dreamscene ones from here. They are so cosy and wash brilliantly, I highly recommend them.

I’ve seen lots of posters rave about the Oodies but I’ve also read that they can be very heavy to the point of being a bit restrictive and some people find them too warm. It’s personal preference but I just wouldn’t pay that kind of money for a hoodie blanket.

Hoodie Blankets

Our hoodie blankets for adults are guaranteed to become your newest loungewear essential! Our super soft hoodie blankets are unbelievably comfortable, available in the dreamiest colourways and mat ...

https://www.onlinehomeshop.com/loungewear-and-accessories/hoodie-blanket

CinnamonBear · 30/09/2023 18:21
mmmmmchocolate · 30/09/2023 19:09

DD has a genuine oodie (obviously from 5 pound stuff) it’s so thick and soft, I think apart from the Kuddly brand ones there is nothing similar.

I find it too hot, heavy and restrictive though. Mine is from next, it’s not as thick but it’s soft and warm and washes really well. DD2 has a primark one but it’s sweaty and you get static shocks from it. She likes it though! 😂

TallulahG · 30/09/2023 19:38

I have an Oodie and a cheapie (Sienna from amazon). The Sienna is perfectly nice, but the Oodie is way thicker, softer and feels much more expensive if that makes sense. I like both but my Oodie is the one I reach for more.

hattie43 · 30/09/2023 20:29

I definitely notice the genuine are better quality much thicker and wash really well .

ColdinNovember · 30/09/2023 20:40

Agree with others that there is definitely a difference. My real one is also from 5 pound stuff, they are not all oodies from there so it’s worth cross checking as my previous one was quite thin and not great quality. DD has a Primark one which is much thinner but she never complains and a kuddly which seems good quality and sort of in between thickness wise

KokoMelon · 30/09/2023 20:56

Sorry to hijack but does anyone know which ones from the 5poundstuff website are actually real oodies? I'm browsing but I honestly don't have a clue and I don't want a different thinner brand (I've already got a Primark one that I love but would like to try the real thing!)

WhyHasAllTheRumGone · 30/09/2023 21:02

@KokoMelon if you Google the name and the word oodie you can see if they're the same design. I think the purple tie die one is the same? It was on today's email from them.

KokoMelon · 30/09/2023 21:41

@WhyHasAllTheRumGone Thank you! I just took a chance and bought that one so fingers crossed!

Teapleasebobb · 30/09/2023 21:49

I have this dreascene one and also bought Sienna ones as prezzies and they're great quality and a fraction of the price, anything thicker would be too much for me. I can't wear it when we have the fire on as it's too warm.

www.onlinehomeshop.com/dreamscene-heart-print-hoodie-blanket-charcoal

WhyHasAllTheRumGone · 30/09/2023 21:53

Great @KokoMelon hope you get what you want. Last year I got DD one and it came fully branded as an oodie, ribbon gift bag etc. So soft and fluffy, much better than the knock off one she already had.

Newsletters you might like

Discover Exclusive Savings!

Sign up to our Money Saver newsletter now and receive exclusive deals and hot tips on where to find the biggest online bargains, tailored just for Mumsnetters.

You've subscribed!

Parent-Approved Gems Await!

Subscribe to our weekly Swears By newsletter and receive handpicked recommendations for parents, by parents, every Sunday.

You've subscribed!

KTSl1964 · 30/09/2023 22:44

the two I bought where oodies from the £5 website and I just googled the pattern and saw they where oodies - they are warm - I think I paid £14.99 last year and ended up buying 6 in total for friends and family.

cocksstrideintheevening · 30/09/2023 22:51

Primark.

GettingStuffed · 01/10/2023 12:00

I have a kuddly and a Primark one
The kuddly is great when it's really cold and the Primark one is much lighter, in fact it's about right for evenings now

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.