My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

From present ideas to party food, find all your Christmas inspiration here.

MNHQ have commented on this thread

Christmas

Any Lego savings on Black Friday?

20 replies

daisydalrymple · 03/11/2022 10:11

Does anybody know if there are Lego savings to be had on Black Friday? Dd and ds2 both want a big ticket Lego set for Christmas (train and a Harry Potter). Am wondering whether to buy earlier or hold on until Black Friday incase of savings.
thanks if anybody knows!

----

On the hunt for Black Friday discounts? Find our guide to this year's best Amazon Black Friday deals. Hope this helps, and happy shopping! MNHQ

OP posts:
2anddonefornow · 03/11/2022 13:57

Lego themselves will have offers on certain sets or more often double points. John Lewis, Smyth’s & Argos often have good deals for Black Friday but again set dependant. If you see a good price I would get it and refund if it goes better.

daisydalrymple · 04/11/2022 00:49

Thanks!

OP posts:
MoveMore · 04/11/2022 08:02

Last year I got the train on a good Argos deal. Was reduced for Black Friday then their 20% off toys code stacked bringing it down further. Think is was basically half price in the end or a little bit less. Keep eye on Amazon too. They had reduction in one train recently but not a huge amount. If it’s the passenger train I’d also recommend buying the box of extra track for them to make a nicer track as the pieces in the train box really only give enough for a oval loop.

ChristmasCwtch · 04/11/2022 09:38

Pop the items you want in your Amazon basket and keep an eye on them.

The Lego set I wanted for one of my DCs dropped from £115 everywhere to £80 on Amazon, so I snapped it up.

xogossipgirlxo · 04/11/2022 11:25

Not sure about Black Friday deals, but I bought Lego for my husband (from Lego website) and used Top Cashback app, got £5.60 back (I paid £105). I know it's not much, but still nice to get few quid back.

daisydalrymple · 05/11/2022 09:06

Thank you all! Great tips.
he already has the passenger train and extra track, but wants the cargo train to go with it 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣
DD wants diagon alley 💰 💰 😭 it was part of a ‘if we win the lottery conversation’ but I know she really wants it and if I could possibly make it work with combining off my mum too, as she gives them money, then I’d love to get it for her.

OP posts:
EvilRingahBitch · 05/11/2022 09:15

If you end up getting it from the Lego store then sign up for a VIP card, because you'll get about twenty quid's worth of points to spend on Lego from a purchase that large.

Rockandgrohl · 05/11/2022 09:20

There's a few diagon alleys on vinted for under £200

sunshineandrain82 · 05/11/2022 09:49

I always check out IWOOT.
I find there deals are the best.

Usually sales then a extra like 20% of sale. Last year I managed to get the friends hotel, hospital and riding school for £120 all together

daisydalrymple · 05/11/2022 10:41

Thanks I’ll check them all out. Currently selling clothes bundles on Vinted, (always have a pre Christmas clear out of their stuff to top up the Christmas pot!) didn’t realise they did toys too! I’ve put their grown out toys on marketplace, but might try there!

OP posts:
daisydalrymple · 05/11/2022 10:49

@Rockandgrohl wow! Just checked Vinted, how on earth are they on there brand new for literally half the price from Lego store?? Surely somebody wouldn’t receive something that expensive and not want it? The mind boggles at the saving.

OP posts:
Rainbowshit · 05/11/2022 10:53

Be careful. If it seems too good to be true it probably is. I got stung buying the Lego gingerbread house one year. Thankfully I'd paid via PayPal and got my money back. I wasn't even looking for a bargain it was just out of stock everywhere.

daisydalrymple · 05/11/2022 10:56

@Rainbowshit yes that was my worry. I know there is a mini version of it, which people have tried to pass off as the real thing.
These do match the model code etc. but I can’t understand such a big saving!

OP posts:
Namenic · 05/11/2022 11:28

Sometimes camelcamelcamel can help track prices on amazon

Rainbowshit · 05/11/2022 11:59

daisydalrymple · 05/11/2022 10:56

@Rainbowshit yes that was my worry. I know there is a mini version of it, which people have tried to pass off as the real thing.
These do match the model code etc. but I can’t understand such a big saving!

You'll probably receive a sponge in the post so they have a tracking number and claim it was posted.

I would set up alerts on camelcamel and hotukdeals. Also look out for very doing a 30% off code for new customers.

Daisyhoney · 05/11/2022 12:23

As Diagon Alley is very expensive ( I paid £350 for mine from the Lego store ), i'd be very wary of buying it from somewhere where people sell used items. Sometimes something that looks too good to be true can come back to bite you as a pp has said.

EvilRingahBitch · 05/11/2022 13:03

Diagon Alley is a Lego store exclusive I think, so Amazon etc won't help. Unless you get a second hand one (going rate for a complete set which has been built once is about £300 on Bricklink) then you just have to get a Lego VIP card, sign up for TopCashback or similar, use a cashback credit card, and hope for a useable discount on Black Friday.

user375242 · 05/11/2022 14:19

Only buy from Vinted sellers with good feedback. Things like Nintendo Switches have load that are too good to be true and no feedback. Scammers are just chancing it and hoping you miss the short 48 hour window to report something hasn't arrived to get your refund. Most of the scammers have custom postage. If they use Evri and have good reviews it is likely safe. I recently got a new half price Lego set and was unsure, but it arrived no problem. My guess is it's people who are gifted sets for promotion, or people like John Lewis employees who get really good staff discount they can stack on top of flash offers. Good value Lego sets get snapped up instantly in Vinted though so be quick.

daisydalrymple · 05/11/2022 20:20

Thank you all! Lots to try out 👍

OP posts:
LouiseGMumsnet · 17/11/2022 09:15

Hi @daisydalrymple Thanks for posting. I just wanted to pop in and share the link to our guide to the best LEGO black friday deals as you might find it useful. The page was created with the help of our deal finding experts, so hopefully you'll discover some bargains.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.