Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Hooded Blankets

7 replies

lotsofthingstolearn · 27/08/2022 10:23

So, considering the energy bill hike, I am in the market for hooded blankets

I've seen loads of discussion on here about them but at the time I've skipped past them

Are Oodies worth it? We have the much coveted fleece minion hooded blanket things from Primark that I picked up last year but it is also fairly thin.

I am not sure if more expensive ones are worth it etc. (I"ve spent the morning looking for slippers and the like)

OP posts:
Please
or

Ihatemyroad · 27/08/2022 11:59

I’m looking at these too and I think lots of people will buying or getting these as presents this year. I’m hoping to buy mine in the next couple of weeks before they’re either so popular they become hard to get hold of or the prices go up!

Everywhere seems to have them from The Range, New Look, Next through to more expensive brands.

I’m buying for women and like the ones they have in New Look and Next.

Please
or

lotsofthingstolearn · 27/08/2022 15:08

I agree. But I can't work out what the difference is with the expensive ones.

OP posts:
Please
or

Floralnomad · 27/08/2022 15:11

We have Oodies , they are excellent and I’m 5’8” and it’s still plenty big / long enough . I was out this week and picked up a Primark type for my daughter as she finds her Oodie a bit too bulky and the primark ones are much thinnner .

Please
or

OrangeBananaFish · 27/08/2022 15:18

I love my Primark one. I got it last year on a whim and I love love love it. I thought it was really warm and snuggly. Not thin at all. DD2 now has 3. Mine is pink with donuts on and apparently I look like Mr Blobby, but I don't care. It keeps me lovely and toasty warm

Please
or

Devo1818 · 28/08/2022 10:19

Oodies are BOGOF at the moment.

I got ours from onlinehomeshop.com and they are lovely and warm (and very cheap)

Please
or

GettingStuffed · 28/08/2022 19:54

I have a kuddly, it's beaten oodies in some comparisons. It's very warm and I live in the south West so it was too warm some days. This year I bought a thinner Primark on for the milder days.

Please
or

TooMinty · 28/08/2022 20:09

Not quite what you asked but don't buy slippers, get fake Ugg boots and wear them as slippers. Primark do good ones, I have also had some from Next that were cosy and this year have treated myself to FatFace as I had a voucher and they have a sale.

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?