Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Oodies and the like

58 replies

Ontomatopea · 30/07/2022 20:49

Can I just buy everyone an oodie or similar for Christmas or do you think everyone who wants one will have one by December?

OP posts:
Please
or

Mrsfussypants1 · 30/07/2022 22:45

That's what I'm buying my family for christmas this year, I know none of them have one or will be likely to buy themselves one on the run up to christmas. I also know they'll all wear them too, including my mum who started of saying she wouldn't wear one but has changed her mind, I've managed to find her a shorter length one in her fav colour cream (Ony from JL). I'm hoping dh buys me one! Jan through to March are always the coldest months.

Please
or

HipposHaveNipples · 30/07/2022 22:47

Just to say, they're great if you're always cold like me! I have three Oodies and two Oodie sleep tees.

Please
or

Ontomatopea · 30/07/2022 22:48

I'm going to go for it there's lots on offer in various places what with it being summer

OP posts:
Please
or

SuperLoudPoppingAction · 30/07/2022 22:48

Kuddly have huge reductions just now if you buy 4.
Usually on fb.

Everyone already has one, but it's going to be a lot colder this winter so having one to wash will be good

Please
or

Ontomatopea · 30/07/2022 22:49

M&s has a nice one that looks all teddy like

OP posts:
Please
or

Ontomatopea · 30/07/2022 22:49

SuperLoudPoppingAction · 30/07/2022 22:48

Kuddly have huge reductions just now if you buy 4.
Usually on fb.

Everyone already has one, but it's going to be a lot colder this winter so having one to wash will be good

Good point I imagine they take a while to dry?

OP posts:
Please
or

Bumptious22 · 31/07/2022 00:19

Am I the only one gobsmacked at the price of these? Just looked at Kuddly(?) and they're £59 reduced from an eye-popping £80!

Any budget options??

Please
or

Mrsfussypants1 · 31/07/2022 10:29

Kuddly 2 for £59. Like pp said better offers if you buy in bulk. Both oodie and kuddly are always on offer. I've bought for gifts this Christmas 2 oodies and 2 kuddlys and I've also bought ONY from John lewis which is under £40 and has great reviews. They also do a childs version which is just as warm but shorter in length if your worried about kids tripping up in them. Downside no jazzy patterns.

Please
or

Mrsfussypants1 · 31/07/2022 10:30

Please
or

Ontomatopea · 31/07/2022 10:31

M&S do some. I imagine primark will do a version. Aldi or Lidl did a version last year.

OP posts:
Please
or
Please
or

Bigbouncingbaby · 31/07/2022 10:32

Amazon do good ones . We have them for £20 lovely soft and fluffy just as good

Please
or

Ontomatopea · 31/07/2022 10:32

Mrsfussypants1 · 31/07/2022 10:30

That's nice thanks! And very popular aparantly!

OP posts:
Please
or

FirstFallopians · 31/07/2022 10:37

I bought myself an oodie last month in prep for the winter.

If you avoid the licensed stuff and get one of their own designs they’re pretty much always £49 each, unless you buy in bulk when it’s cheaper again. I don’t know when their “sales” finish, as I’ve never seen them selling at the RRP they have on their website!

It was dear for what is essentially a wearable blanket, but I have to say it’s much better quality than the cheaper dupes I’ve seen.

They’ve just come out with a more grown up range of plain boucle loungewear which might suit people who baulk at wearing the original design!

Please
or

OldTinHat · 31/07/2022 10:39

I bought one a month ago in a charity shop. It was on the sale rail and I got it for £1! I couldn't believe my luck!

Please
or

hattie43 · 31/07/2022 13:29

I've just bought my pensioner parents an oodie each . They've never had anything like them but I know they'll wear them when it's really cold

Please
or

hattie43 · 31/07/2022 13:32

OldTinHat · 31/07/2022 10:39

I bought one a month ago in a charity shop. It was on the sale rail and I got it for £1! I couldn't believe my luck!

That's amazing what a find

Please
or

whereamu · 31/07/2022 18:05

I'm looking at these thanks to mumsnet!
When reading the reviews some say they are thicker than others.
For example a review on the love heart oodie says the love heart one is thicker than another design.
Does anyone have a couple and can confirm? I thought they would all be same thickness?

Please
or

HipposHaveNipples · 31/07/2022 19:55

whereamu · 31/07/2022 18:05

I'm looking at these thanks to mumsnet!
When reading the reviews some say they are thicker than others.
For example a review on the love heart oodie says the love heart one is thicker than another design.
Does anyone have a couple and can confirm? I thought they would all be same thickness?

I have three and they're all the same thickness.

Please
or

ThreeRingCircus · 31/07/2022 20:57

I have a Kuddly and absolutely love it after initially feeling a bit stupid wearing it..... it's a godsend in the winter and also when camping. To be honest I'd be pleased to receive another one so I could swap over when it needed washing etc. They can take quite a bit of time to dry.

Please
or

Ontomatopea · 31/07/2022 21:00

ThreeRingCircus · 31/07/2022 20:57

I have a Kuddly and absolutely love it after initially feeling a bit stupid wearing it..... it's a godsend in the winter and also when camping. To be honest I'd be pleased to receive another one so I could swap over when it needed washing etc. They can take quite a bit of time to dry.

Perfect thanks. I was worried they were the sort of thing where if you have one you don't need another. Do you think I could wear one to work in the office haha! They sound so snug.

OP posts:
Please
or

Flubadubba · 31/07/2022 21:55

The Kudd.ly ones are often on offer at 5poundstuff.com for about £12. Posters on other threads have mentioned they come in packaging with the name on, and I have managed to find at least two current designs on there...

Please
or

ThreeRingCircus · 31/07/2022 21:59

Ontomatopea · 31/07/2022 21:00

Perfect thanks. I was worried they were the sort of thing where if you have one you don't need another. Do you think I could wear one to work in the office haha! They sound so snug.

I wouldn't wear mine into the office haha but I've definitely worn it when working from home!

Please
or

Dogsaresomucheasier · 01/08/2022 10:54

Thank you! 1st of August and Christmas shopping for student daughters has begun!

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?