My feed
Premium

Please
or
to access all these features

From present ideas to party food, find all your Christmas inspiration here.

Christmas

Gift ideas for a baby

8 replies

LifeInAHamsterWheel · 02/12/2021 15:42

Our Godson, 8 months. As our DC are much older I have clearly blocked out those early years! I can't think of anything suitable. For reasons I won't go into, I don't want to bother the parents by asking for suggestions. I doubt there's anything that he particularly needs though. So, can I please have your suggestions for things that went down well with babies or parents of babies at 8mths old?! Thanks in advance Xmas Grin

OP posts:
LifeInAHamsterWheel · 02/12/2021 15:43

Sorry I should add that our budget is up to £50

OP posts:
Alarae · 02/12/2021 15:46

My daughter was 8 months last Christmas and thinking back she loved:

Maracas
A ride on bike that had electric sounds (loved being pushed on it)
Toy remote

She was bought a walker with wooden blocks but wasn't really interested in it until she was 1.

Fivemoreminutes1 · 02/12/2021 17:18

I appreciated a good toy box to store their growing collection of toys. Other much-used presents included a Moredig room projector, Baby Gund soft toy and a ball pool.

BEE08 · 02/12/2021 17:32

My DS was 7 months on his first Christmas, he got:

New clothes 9-12 months clothes
Cath Kidson backpack
Leapfrog activity table
Toy bag
Toy remote and Toy phone
New plate, bowl cutely set

LifeInAHamsterWheel · 02/12/2021 19:50

Thanks everyone Smile

OP posts:
firstimemamma · 02/12/2021 19:53

I just stick to clothes at that age especially if they already have loads of toys.

Temple29 · 02/12/2021 19:58

Musical instruments always go down well at that age (maracas, tambourine, etc). Or a nice blanket for the buggy for walks, can never have enough this time of year.

PP suggestion of a toy box is great too.

PlanBea · 02/12/2021 20:55

My DS is going to be 7 months at Christmas, he's getting "boring" stuff from us like weaning plates, a hooded towel, a new sleep sack, then a couple of fun bits (the Tomy hide and squeak eggs that were recommended on here, and a plastic whale bath toy that flashes lights and sprinkles water).

I've asked grandparents for an activity table that the legs come off so he can play with it on the floor now and can play standing when he's bigger, and a playpen/ball pit as he loves the ball pits when we're out.

Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.