Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

What are your child's favourite comics and why? Tell us for a chance to win an annual subscription to The Beano PLUS Freaky and Fearless books!

100 replies

SorchaMumsnet · 07/09/2016 16:35

The FREAKY comic world collides with three FEARLESS kids in an explosion of fun, action, laughs and adventure!

Simon Moss aka Mossy loves action comics and wishes he was brave enough to star in one. His best friend Whippet is also a fanatic - especially for the really freaky ones. The boys have their own powers as gifted storyteller (Mossy) and artist (Whippet) - and together they find themselves thrown into an adventure straight out of a comic book.

But it's up to the world's coolest girl, craftiest inventor and smallest explorer - Lucy Shufflebottom - to kick the boys into gear. Can they track down the mysterious beast that has kidnapped Mossy's younger sister?

Freaky and Fearless by Robin Etherington is a magical, hilarious adventure packed with fun illustrations - perfect for fans of Tom Gates and Dork Diaries.

What is your child’s favourite comic book(s) - and why? Tell us to be in with chance of winning Freaky and Fearless books 1 and 2 PLUS a year's subscription to The Beano!

This discussion is sponsored by Piccadilly Press and will end on 5 October

Books T&Cs apply

What are your child's favourite comics and why? Tell us for a chance to win an annual subscription to The Beano PLUS Freaky and Fearless books!
OP posts:
Please
or

SorchaMumsnet · 06/10/2016 11:55

A lot of love for The Beano on here! Thanks for all your comments - this competition has now closed and the winner has been notified. Check your messages please!

OP posts:
Please
or

halcyondays · 06/10/2016 11:09

mine like the Phoebe and her unicorn comic books. DD got a Beano annual as a presnt once and enjoyed it. We don't buy anything regularly, as the ones with free gifts are far too expensive.

Please
or

QueenYnci · 05/10/2016 23:18

My 8 year old loves The Phoenix. It's got great stories and is just right for his age and above. He likes it because it's got so much variety. Most of the comic strips in the magazine are in serial form so he waits all week for the next part. He waits for it to come through the door every Friday!

Please
or

Tonkatol · 05/10/2016 22:16

My DD loves the National Geographic Kids magazine because she loves learning about animals from all over the world and is also interested in different places.

Please
or

lucyrobinson · 05/10/2016 21:08

My son loves Toxic. He loves the stories and the games.

Please
or

bex552 · 05/10/2016 15:57

Beano because daddy loves it too :)

Please
or

snare · 05/10/2016 13:59

beano :)

Please
or

caz123456 · 05/10/2016 10:32

My daughter loves the Beano as she loves Minnie the Minx! Perfect prize for her :)

Please
or

emily13 · 05/10/2016 09:57

Dr Who and The Beano, which is great because I like them both too :) The Beano is always good for a laugh and Dr Who is just cool apparently!

Please
or

lilrahi · 04/10/2016 23:12

Son absolutely crazy for Marvel comics. He knows all the names and storylines

Please
or

pinkspideruk · 04/10/2016 22:41

NEXO Knights :) D loves building and playing with lego

Please
or

peanutmum111 · 04/10/2016 22:37

My DS loves 'CBeebies' magazine. He follows the stories, craft and activities from the programmes he loves on television. He has grown up on the different programmes. We are now ready to move on, the Beano will provide the 'characters' he is used to.

Please
or

sarsar123 · 04/10/2016 21:31

My son loves Beano for the funny stories and toxic magazine for the latest gaming and film news.

Please
or

Dessallara · 04/10/2016 21:11

All our family loves Beano, Classic! :)

Please
or

chunkychocky · 04/10/2016 20:59

My 8 and 10 year olds both adore the beano as they find it hilarious.

Please
or

Iggity · 04/10/2016 10:21

The Beano in our house. DS is a superfan! He thinks he is Dennis the Menace.

Please
or

jocstoke · 04/10/2016 10:19

My son loves the Ninjago comics, because they feed his lego addiction!

Please
or

katieskatie82 · 04/10/2016 10:18

my son loves the simpsons comics because he loves homer because he's so funny x

Please
or

wef1984 · 04/10/2016 10:07

My DD loves Lego and minecraft so those comics are her favourite

Please
or

oatmealcookie · 03/10/2016 23:58

Thomas the Tank Engine, as he loves anything to do with trains!

Please
or

topsy73 · 03/10/2016 21:04

my little boy adores the Paw Patrol magazine, he is a huge fan of Paw Patrol so it is a great way to increase his interest in reading.

Please
or

GrooveHeart · 03/10/2016 20:54

She loves the Milkshake comic as it contains many of her favourite characters.

Please
or

EatingMyWords · 03/10/2016 19:49

The Beano, of course! I must crochet him a new Dennis jumper...

Please
or

sallyc06 · 03/10/2016 15:53

The Transformers comic because Jake was mad on them, I think most boys are. I still can't transform one myself without help from a 5 year old!!

Please
or

Maladicta · 02/10/2016 22:23

A Beano household - the boys are always down early on Wednesdays to read it before school, even the 15yo Grin

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?