Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Confused about car seat regulations? Read our reviews of baby car seats, toddler car seats and booster seats to find out which ones are worth investing in.

Escaping car seat - 2 year old

Caspianberg · 12/05/2022 11:23

Ds, just turned 2, managed to open the button today on his rear facing car seat, Maxi cosi mica.
The first I knew was when I glance in the mirror back and his mirror facing his seat showed it was empty, whilst I was on the motorway!

Anyway, a scary 5 minutes until it was face to turn off and he was standing in the footwell behind my seat.

He can already open the clasp on the mountain buggy pram and babyzen pram. Is there any safe device I can add? I mean I told him no, but he’s literally just 2 years, I’m sure he will do it again

i need the car to leave my house basically

OP's posts:
Please
or

Caspianberg · 13/05/2022 12:38

Thank you. He’s been strapped in twice since with strict words about DO NOT TOUCH, and hasn’t. But that was short ish drives, so will see what he does when bored and fiddles!

I really didn’t think they would be able to open at this age

OP's posts:
Please
or

BertieBotts · 13/05/2022 09:40

The 5 point plus won't help if he is opening the buckle.

You could try sticking the rough side of velcro to the button.

If that doesn't work the in car safetyu centre sell a buckle cover but advise it is a last resort as would slow down releasing child from seat in emergency.

Please
or

Wayfairtwo · 12/05/2022 11:51

I'm sorry I know this was scary but I laughed so hard when i read he was standing in the foot-well behind my seat

There's actually a five point harness thing that you can buy and apparently not even Houdini can get out of it..... but your 2 year old might LOL (sorry i know its not funny)

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.