Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Click here to find out more and become a part of our network.

What's everyone doing for Valentine's Day

jadey1991 · 13/02/2022 20:15

Hi all, would be nice to hear what you all have planned for Valentine's Day.

All I'll be doing is staying at home with my partner and our children. I don't feel like going out to a restaurant this time
Round as I have not long had a baby. Feel so tired. So we will make a 3 course meal at home and have family night.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Suzyinthesummertime · 13/02/2022 21:59

No plans as we're both a bit miserable and don't believe in it 😂😂 to us it's just another excuse to get you to spend money you don't have!

Please
or

TheDoveFromAboveCooCoo · 13/02/2022 22:08

DH is working until 8pm. I'm feeding the DC and banishing them to their bedrooms (12 and 17 so hardly need supervision) then ordering in from our favourite Indian restaurant.

Please
or

OooohAhhhh · 13/02/2022 22:10

No plans. I celebrate it the next day.. by going out & getting the reduced food & flowers which didn't sell 😂
It's cheaper that way!

Please
or

Lucimaya · 13/02/2022 22:14

Nothing

Please
or

wildthingsinthenight · 13/02/2022 22:17

No plans as DH working and it's half term.
Have got him some of his favourite beer and chocolates and a card. My present is she box shaped...??
We might have something nice for tea.

Please
or

delilahbucket · 13/02/2022 22:20

DS went out with a friend for tea today so me and DH cooked a nice three course meal together and had a bottle of champagne leftover from Christmas. Very romantic! We don't do gifts etc.

Please
or

PurBal · 13/02/2022 22:22

Nothing. Every year I go to the supermarket and think “oh yeah, Valentine’s”, literally multiple times on the run up because I forget. My parents got engaged on Valentine’s Day and it’s really special to them so I’ve never celebrated it myself.

Please
or

Muchtoomuchtodo · 13/02/2022 22:22

Leaving him his cheap card out tonight before he gets up early to drive to the other end of the country with work.

During the day - have a smear test and clean the house before playing taxi for getting the kids to and from their clubs all evening.

Please
or

Cleanbedlinen12 · 13/02/2022 22:24

Oh god it’s tomorrow isn’t it

Please
or

SingingSands · 13/02/2022 22:38

I've put a card inside DH's laptop so he'll find it when he opens it.

Please
or

SpikeySmooth · 13/02/2022 22:40

Absolutely nothing.

Please
or

jadey1991 · 14/02/2022 00:37

Aww bless you all.. haha... some of your answers make me laugh... I've actually got to go and do my weekly food shop

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.