Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Click here to find out more and become a part of our network.

First communion

Ramona19 · 26/12/2021 20:47

Hey, I was wondering if someone can answer me a question, my son is 8 years old, in 2022 in May he will be 9 and I was wondering if he can go to the First Communion in May ? And how exactly does it looks like? What do I have to do ? Thank you

OP's posts:
Please
or

Redsquirrel5 · 10/01/2022 00:02

Hi,
You need to take him to church and speak to someone there. Usually people standing greeting or handing out hymn books know who to ask. Or ask the priest afterwards. Is it aCatholic or Cof E that you want? First Communion sounds like Catholic.
You need to ask in the next few weeks as the child follow a course with a leader. Ours get a book that they fill in each week and they get to keep it afterwards. Your child needs to be baptised.
You could ring or email your request to the church.The children always seem to enjoy going and are very proud on the day. Unfortunately a lot of parents don’t bring them back which is a shame for the child. He is just the right age. I hope this helps

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.