Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Click here to find out more and become a part of our network.

Christmas and co parenting

bexxboo · 19/12/2021 15:23

I'll keep this as brief as possible.

My Xmas plans have changed due to being let down by family, original plan was for me, my dad, brother and sister to spend it at my sisters dropping DD off at lunchtime on the way. Brother and dad can no longer make it, sister told me couple weeks ago she's actually working at 8pm Xmas day...(ikr) so i thought I'm not sitting on my own in her houseshare while she goes to work let's to Xmas at mine.

I explained to my ex that my plans have changed as I've been let down and could I have DD for a couple extra hours as it will just be me and my sister at home which is quite dull.

He went ape shit said I can't change the plan now, he's having her all day, not his fault I've been let down etc etc. He works away so wants to spend as much time as possible with her while he is home which is understandable. My DD is 4 and has said she wants me to come to his families house as she doesn't want to leave me, I asked him if I could tag along after my sister left and he said I would have to ask his dad.

Every single Xmas I feel stuck between having to spend it with my sister and spending it with my ex and daughter as there is no way in gods green earth he would allow me to have her for the entire day.

Before you say anything he is extremely emotionally abusive and has been for years.

Not even sure if I want to spend it with my sister at all now as we had a fall out a few days ago and we haven't spoken.

Just want to know what everyone thinks to be honest.

OP's posts:
Please
or

Colouringaddict · 19/12/2021 15:31

What do you really want to do? Is it not awkward to spend it with the ex and his family?

If you’re not talking to your sister it’s going to be a very awkward meal. I think I’d do presents with DD in the morning, see her off with ex and spend the rest of the day munching some really nice adult food and watching Christmas tv

Please
or

bexxboo · 19/12/2021 15:57

@Colouringaddict

What do you really want to do? Is it not awkward to spend it with the ex and his family?

If you’re not talking to your sister it’s going to be a very awkward meal. I think I’d do presents with DD in the morning, see her off with ex and spend the rest of the day munching some really nice adult food and watching Christmas tv

You have a good point but when I say to my daughter she's going with her dad and mummy will stay at home she gets upset as she wants me with her. So difficult, never planned it to be this way :(
OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.