Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Click here to find out more and become a part of our network.

Will it end in a loss?

Ashalee32 · 24/08/2021 18:48

Hi so I’m 5/6 weeks pregnant,I went for a scan today (had bleeding at the weekend) and they said the gestational sac hasn’t quite grown to what it should be… 4mm instead of 7mm, and to prepare for a miscarriage…. Has anyone else had this? And did they manage to go for the follow up scan and all be ok? Or will it end in miscarriage indefinitely??
Many thanks 😬

OP's posts:
Please
or

bobandhisburgers · 24/08/2021 18:55

I work in obstetric ultrasound OP. No one can say if it will or won't end in miscarriage unfortunately. There is no real evidence of how or why these things happen. I don't want to give you any false hope but I will say it is very common for ladies to be out with their dates or ovulated later etc and so there may or may not be progress when you return for your follow up scan. At about 6 weeks you should see a fetal pole as well as gestation sack and then at week 7 a heartbeat.

Was there any other reason they gave to say about preparing for a miscarriage?

Sorry you are going through this and I wish you all the luck in the world.

Please
or

Ashalee32 · 24/08/2021 19:12

They said because the gestational sac hasn't grown as much as it should have I will miscarry,
It was very negative no positive at all, so I come out a bit negative too, and then once I'd read a few stories I wondered if I should still have a little hope?
She just spoke about medication to take next Friday if it doesn't happen naturally , nothing about it might catch up or possible to survive...

OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.