Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Click here to find out more and become a part of our network.

Is Mumsnet only to post ur own problems?

changesoul · 01/08/2021 11:05

Hi guys

I have a question on Mumsnet are you suppose to post only your personal problems ? Can u not post issue of friend or family?

OP's posts:
Please
or

GlutenFreeGingerCake · 01/08/2021 11:10

You can post things about others but it would be unfair to post anything that could identify them to others who might coincidentally know that person and recognise them from something about your description. So you have to be very careful as MN is a very popular site and many people read it but don't post replies and sometimes journalists will take a thread from MN and make an article about it on their newspaper's site gaining an even larger audience.

Please
or

lljkk · 01/08/2021 11:10

As you like but try to change some trivial details to protect someone else;s privacy.

Please
or

changesoul · 01/08/2021 11:14

@GlutenFreeGingerCake

You can post things about others but it would be unfair to post anything that could identify them to others who might coincidentally know that person and recognise them from something about your description. So you have to be very careful as MN is a very popular site and many people read it but don't post replies and sometimes journalists will take a thread from MN and make an article about it on their newspaper's site gaining an even larger audience.

Ohhh no I post there situation only if they r comfortable sharing to larger audience and don't post anything which they are not aware of and not comfortable sharing. Thank you for ur reply
OP's posts:
Please
or

changesoul · 01/08/2021 11:15

@lljkk

As you like but try to change some trivial details to protect someone else;s privacy.

Ofcourse I do and put that as if it's my situation or more hypothetical
OP's posts:
Please
or

TheQueef · 01/08/2021 11:17

Just preface it with 'Asking for a friend'
Nobody believes that but provided you aren't doxxing anyone it's ok.

Please
or

changesoul · 01/08/2021 11:18

@TheQueef

Just preface it with 'Asking for a friend'
Nobody believes that but provided you aren't doxxing anyone it's ok.

Ok cool thank you I just got trolled by not mentioning it's not about me Confusedwhich I never thought should be an issue or should make any difference.
OP's posts:
Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.