Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Please don't promote blogs that aren't in the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Click here to find out more and become a part of our network.

Journaling/bullet journal/self help

FancySomeChips · 17/01/2021 20:37

I didn’t know where to post this!!!

Right so... I’ve always wanted to keep a diary. But I have barely ever got past the first week.
I have this idea that having a diary would help me to work through some issues- like self help. Cheaper than counselling right?!
But in all seriousness, I prob would benefit with counselling to work through issues that I just can’t get passed. I can’t afford it and my GP is shockingly bad at mental health stuff abs anyway there’s prob loads of people who need it more so it’s prob best I let the NHS focus on those who really need their support especially in the current shit storm.

Anyway.... I had a bit of a brain wave this morning while clearing out a cupboard and finding a notebook that some one gave me year ago and I never used. And I decided to start a type of bullet journal thing.

And I’m hooked already. I’ve written 30 pages. I love it.

Does anyone else do this?
Any tips?
Any ideas for pages?
I’ve discovered the 365 question website and have made a start by answering 5 already.
I have pages for songs I need to make time to listen to more, a 4 point master plan and steps to achieve it, pages for gift ideas, summer holiday ideas pages as well as a daily planner for the summer holiday (work in a school), an intro page where I warble on about me and why I started the journal and a positive affirmation page.
Seriously I don’t know who I am. I am loving it.

Anyone done this before and reaped the rewards?
Any page ideas I can steal??

OP's posts:
Please
or

FactsAndFigs · 14/03/2021 11:39

No tips but just wanted to say that putting pen to paper has helped me deal with lot of personal issues.

Kind of my own therapy that I found works for me, I very complex over thinker but when I freely writing I don't stop to think it just flows, I can write pages and pages in no time.

Occasionally I read one of my many note books months and years later and its like someone different - someone smarter has written it.

It will never been published online, I tried to give it ago few times copying what I have written but I start over analysis start overthinking, so my stuff will forever remain private old in old fashion pen and notebooks.

Have you tried wordpress for idea?

Good luck with the writing

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.