Threads

See more results

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Does Victoria go?

olivida · 05/08/2022 15:32

As a sister for Reuben (nn Roo) Susannah (nn Sukey) and Tabitha (nn Tiggy)?

We live abroad where nicknames are 'chosen' by parents before a child starts school (full names rarely used, and nicknames never chosen by peers/friends/classmates) and although my other children's nicknames emerged organically (usually chosen by older cousins/siblings!), I'd like to use Vivi as a nickname for Victoria. The name is sentimental because Victoria is DH's mum's name and Vivi the name of a very dear family member of mine.

I'm consious that my other children's names are biblical whereas Victoria isn't, and it sort of bothers me (not massively, but I feel a bit like she might feel left out? As a kid that sort of thing bothered me, being the odd one out!)

Also love Naomi and Esther and Miriam.

Also, any boy name suggestions?

OP's posts:
Please
or

xJoyfulCalmWisdomx · 06/08/2022 22:15

Oh Victoria is such a harsh name. Love Naomi from your other list. Also love Miriam, they both go better with your children's names.
Somebody will probably tell me now there was a Victoria in the bible!

Please
or

Luredbyapomegranate · 06/08/2022 22:13

It works. Unless you are bible thumpers she won’t feel left out. i have heard Tessa as a nn for Esther if that helps, Elisheva is a spectacular biblical name I always think.

Abraham (Bram), Moses, Josiah, Tobias, Gideon, Cassian, Alistair, Christopher for boys

Please
or

AliBaliBears · 05/08/2022 17:17

I didn't realise Tabitha and Susannah were biblical names so I wouldn't worry about that aspect at all.

As PP said, Tabitha, Susannah and Victoria 'go' as a set of three longish, fairly posh girls names.

I love the name Miriam.

Please
or

olivida · 05/08/2022 17:14

Mrswobblethewaitressiatired · 05/08/2022 15:48

Mimi for Naomi or Miriam. I've seen both.

I know a Jacob who gets JJ. Solomon (sol) was on my list but didn't have boys!

Mimi is cute!

I also love Solomon! So cool!

OP's posts:
Please
or

Mrswobblethewaitressiatired · 05/08/2022 15:48

Mimi for Naomi or Miriam. I've seen both.

I know a Jacob who gets JJ. Solomon (sol) was on my list but didn't have boys!

Please
or

JasmineVioletRose · 05/08/2022 15:45

Yes. It goes well. 🧡

Please
or

StrychnineInTheSandwiches · 05/08/2022 15:36

Yes, I think it 'goes' in that Tabitha, Susannah and Victoria sound like a posh gal set of sisters. It certainly wouldn't stand out to me that two were biblical names and one not.

Please
or

WinnysPinny · 05/08/2022 15:34

Why can’t it be a stand-alone name rather than a ‘go with’ name. The child is independent of their sibling

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Mumsnet's better when you're logged in. You can customise your experience and access way more features like messaging, watch and hide threads, voting and much more.

Already signed up?