Threads

Topics

Usernames

Mumsnet Logo
Please
or
to access all these features

Get updates on how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy by signing up to the Mumsnet Pregnancy Newsletters.

Need help find the right name for your newborn? Try our baby name generator.

Name trends for 2020

QwertyBert · 05/12/2019 04:07

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what you think might be the big name trends in 2020? I have met so many baby Arlo’s recently that I wonder if the likes of Jago and Margot will continue to go in popularity. I am living for all the traditional ‘nanna’ names like Dorothy, Ada and Pearl which remind popular. I’ve met some really strong (maybe more Northern European?) named little boys called Hans, Magus, Otis and Otto, which I think are great too.

What are you see where you live? 😊

OP's posts:
Please
or

mathanxiety · 05/12/2019 06:57

nameberry.com/blog/top-baby-names-2020

This is a US perspective.

Please
or

Grufallosfriends · 05/12/2019 07:50

I think for boys cutesy -ie names (Alfie, Archie, Teddie) are starting to fall out of fashion, while more solid sounding names like Roman, Arlo, Dexter, etc as well as solid classics like Peter, Andrew, Christopher, Quentin etc will rise in popularity.

For girls I expect a similar trend with Evie, Ellie, etc to decline and stronger and old fashioned names like Florence, Violet, Iris rising in popularity

Please
or
Please create an account

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.